Market Visual Manager - Bay Area
Posted Date: Jun-20-2019
Job ID: 14286
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Retail Operations
What's cool about this job
This position contributes to REI’s success by providing visual expertise and leadership to retail stores to support and oversee the implementation of merchandising, marketing and visual programs for the retail channel. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding principles.
- Develops visual expertise at the store leadership level through training and partnership with Retail Directors, store management teams, and visual presentation specialists
- Provides direction and guidance regarding program implementation adaptations as needed based on individual store configurations or space challenges.
- Supports merchandising and marketing program execution through training and collaboration with store teams.
- Collaborates with Store Managers and Retail Directors to maintain and evolve understanding and support of in-store Merchandising, Marketing, and visual programs.
- Provides visit recap evaluations of store specific Visual Merchandising strengths and opportunities.
- Provides regular, consistent feedback to the Retail Director on opportunities for the growth and development of Visual Merchandising in the market and actively offering solutions.
- Partners with the Merchandising operations to maximize store square footage and leverage assortment sizes to drive sales.
- Determines store flow and adjacencies based on organizational guidance and with feedback from Store Manager and Retail Director
- Approves space availability and requirements for assortment changes
- Oversees as the Visual Leader on projects as assigned to include new store openings, tests, and installations
- Assists stores in the process of hiring qualified Visual Specialists/ Managers through resume reviews and interviewing.
- Collaborates with store management teams and SDVM headquarters teams for recommendations for future fixture, display-ware needs, and capital requests.
- Organizes market training and multi-store blitzes as it relates to visual merchandising
- Supports existing store fixture inventory and asset transfer process. Communicates fixture asset transfers and changes through specified process.
- Fosters and develops strong partnerships with District Outreach and Events Administrators to ensure appropriate planning and implementation of programs intended for in-store implementation.
- Collaborates with internal Visual team and Retail to ensure that visual direction is clear and comprehensive and provides accurate and objective feedback for key learnings and future planning.
- Completes other projects as assigned by manager
- Identifies develops and trains visual experts in Retail Stores
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years proven visual merchandising or display experience at a corporate level and/or in a high-end retail multi-store environment.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience in related field preferred
- Proven ability to balance creative merchandising with business acumen.
- Proven experience delivering training to achieve business results
- Project management skills including measurement, reporting, and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills with a broad understanding of retail concepts.
- Experience with space planning as it relates to visual merchandising.
- Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook.Visio, PPT
- Ability to travel regionally approximately 80% of the time
- Portfolio of work preferred
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer