Marketing Channel Analyst
Posted Date: Jul-15-2021
Job ID: 19121
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
In this role, you’ll get to dig into the inner workings of marketing; from paid search and SEO, to direct mail and social. You’ll be helping marketing program managers spread the word that “a life outdoors is a life well lived” by building reporting and analysis used to optimize marketing tactics and budgets. The data and analysis you provide will be crucial to REI meeting its goals— most importantly growing Co-op membership through acquisition and retention efforts.
The majority of this role’s function will involve independent data work— pulling, visualizing, reporting, and analysis— for marketing channels. This role collaborates with Data Scientists and other Marketing Analysts to analyze test results and execute marketing analysis and tactics effectively. As such, this role will be heavily involved in the optimization of marketing traffic and sales drivers with the ability to directly impact budgets and strategies.
- Deliver data visualizations to drive insights & program strategy with Tableau.
- Partner with marketing teams to build and maintain suite(s) of reporting:
- Paid Search, SEO, Affiliates, Paid Media (display ads, out-of-home, video preroll, streaming radio), Social (organic and paid), Email, Direct Mail, Push Messaging
- Build SQL statements and data analysis with multiple tools (DBeaver, R, Python, Tableau, Excel, Unica, Snowflake).
- Accountable for successful analysis resulting in test hypotheses
- Partner with Customer Insights, Digital Retail, and other data science/analyst teams to track/report marketing channel execution tests.
- Perform ad hoc analytics related to marketing channels as needed.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on Integrated Data Warehouse (IDW), REI’s Enterprise Data Warehouse. Perform UAT as necessary.
Bring your passion and expertise
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role
- 1+ years of experience with Tableau, Power BI, Periscope, or similar
- 1+ years of experience writing SQL
- Basic understanding of statistical methods.
- A solid business understanding and the proven ability to perform in-depth analysis, compile and interpret results, and report and present strategies and make recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate (written and verbal) with both internal and external contacts.
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated project management skills exercising sound judgment while displaying initiative and innovation on the job.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, budget time, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and objectively solve problems.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- 3+ years of analytics experience in marketing or with a multi-channel retailer or a B2C company
- 3+ years of experience with web-based analytics tools (Adobe Analytics highly preferred)
- 1+ years of experience designing marketing tests
- 1+ year of experience using statistical methods to build predictive models and analyze test results using R, Python, SAS, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or marketing field, or relevant work experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer