Marketing Channel Analytics Manager
Posted Date: Mar-24-2021
Job ID: 19403
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Marketing Channel Analytics Manager is instrumental in helping REI’s marketers make data-informed decisions. Strong quantitative analytical skills, solid knowledge of marketing principles, experiencing executing campaigns, and driving campaign improvement will set you up for success with your business partners in this role. Working knowledge and use of best-in-class tools and industry partnerships will help you successfully guide a team focused on optimizing programs that grow traffic and increase engagement with a highly desirable membership base.
In a matrix organization, the Marketing Channel Analytics Manager partners with multiple Managers to focus on providing analytics support, actionable insights, foreseeable implications and strategic recommendations from four key areas: Predictive Modeling, Campaign Design, Reporting, and Program Analytics.
- Lead a team focused on delivering modeling, execution, reporting and analytics to all marketing channels (Email, Direct Mail, App Messaging, Paid Search/PLA, Paid Social, Affiliate, Influencer, and Paid Media programs).
- Oversee the development of predictive and behavioral analysis and models used by Marketing to enhance targeting, increase revenue, generate cost savings, and allocate resources to optimize marketing spend, ultimately transforming customer data into an actionable corporate asset. Work with statisticians to build and enhance models to support direct marketing personalization.
- Drive testing for all marketing programs through evaluating business hypothesis, designing tests and measuring outcomes.
- Manage a team of execution analysts in the building of test plans, technical execution & on-time delivery of programs for direct mail and email campaigns that provide for test-&-learn efforts to drive long-term incremental improvements.
- Deliver new/enhanced reporting on KPIs and supporting the development of measurements for marketing channels. Work with channels to standardize KPIs and to enhance information flow to support all marketing teams.
- Is a thought leader on attribution (holdout tested incrementality, attribution modeling such as MTA/MMM, and other measured outcomes). Work with marketing channels to ensure attribution is implemented into program decisions.
- Operates as a key member of the Channels and Planning leadership team. Work with other managers on strategic projects.
- Work cross-divisionally with Business Intelligence, Customer Insights, and IT to ensure ample data support for marketing. This is to include on-going enhancement of the data warehouse and evaluation of new information sources that provide insight to REI’s customers.
- Responsible to develop long-term strategy & opportunities of the marketing channel analysis team.
- Vision & roadmap for measurement and analytical capabilities to drive business and customer outcomes.
- Training and guidance to team of analysts.
- Provide rich insights into how marketing channels are delivering customer KPIs (acquisition, retention, reactivation, churn prevention) and business outcomes (sales, profit)
- Insights on how individual pieces of marketing's impact on each part of the business
- Eg: category & product level analysis of a single email or paid search term
- Operational dashboards
- Strategic guidance
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years predictive modeling and advanced analytic technique experience
- 5+ years experience with Tableau, SQL, and Python preferred, but R, SAS, or similar also acceptable
- 5+ years leading analytics teams
- Deep understanding of common retail measurement/attribution common practices and techniques (SSFT/SSLT, lift studies, A/B/n testing, hypothesis testing, MMM/MTA, marketing attribution)
- Familiarity with common measures used to optimize email, direct mail, push, paid search, PLA, affiliates, display, video, ooh, social and other marketing channels
- Experience leading a team to identify and optimization opportunities to improve relevancy, hierarchy, open, response, conversion and demand metrics
- Comfortable presenting to large audiences, virtually (and in-person)
- Creating elegant solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to translate analytics into a story that is compelling and understood by employees at multiple levels. Ability to deliver actionable insights succinctly up, down, and across the organization
- Working knowledge of CCPA, GDPR, CANSPAM, and NCOA regulations
- Involvement with onboarding or use of a CDP
- Familiarity with DMPs
- Experience building high performing teams
- 3+ years working on attribution modeling/solution, a/b/n testing, and/or reporting on marketing channel performance
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer