Marketing Program Coordinator (limited term through February 2020)
Posted Date: Oct- 8-2019
Job ID: 15402
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by working across the Marketing Integration team and cross-divisionally to align efforts with Marketing and Merchandising strategies, ensuring product data used by multiple teams across the co-op is accurate and reflects product strategy. Scope of work includes supporting and producing product lists for activity stream stories and all-distro stories, off-price events, clearances, Outlet, direct mail and other product lists as needed.
This role is accountable for efforts to ensure product lists are accurate, consistent and optimized for user experience across the Co-op. Information in product lists are used by merchandising, retail operations, creative, marketing programs, visual merchandising and digital. This job participates with IT, Marketing, Merchandising and the other business units in enterprise product related list initiatives to continually improve process and efficiencies.
- Supports product list related processes and communications between Marketing and Merchandising divisions.
- Partners with Program Managers, Integration to build priority product and offer lists
- Partners with Program Manager, Direct Marketing to build direct mail lists
- Partners with Specialists, Integration to build priority product lists and for list training/on-boarding
- Accountable for updating priority product and offer lists based off of requested Marketing or Merchandising changes, ensuring lists are up to date and reflect information communicated by stakeholders.
- Updates MABP calendar (Monday.com)
- Update and maintain Ts&Cs template
- T&C legal and EIE approval
Bring your passion and expertise
- Project management skills including ability to coordinate action plans, timelines, manage multiple programs simultaneously and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Data management experience, preferably in MS Excel
- Advanced MS Excel skill set with proven previous MS Excel experience
- Personal accountability to process, details management, timelines and quality of work
- Proficient computer skills include MS Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint
- Handles confidential information effectively and appropriately
- Actively participates and collaborates with team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the business direction of REI and team
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing communications, project management or relevant field
- Bachelor Degree in Business Marketing or relevant field
- Knowledge of standard marketing and merchandising principles
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer