Media Studio Video Editor
Posted Date: Feb- 1-2019
Job ID: 13056
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The REI Co-op is looking for a Video Editor who is responsible for creating compelling and inspirational motion media content that is aligned with REI’s brand principles. You’ll work with internal filmmakers to help bring exciting new concepts to life. REI media content supports company branding, marketing and sales; drives traffic to the website and stores; and enhances community and member engagement. The Editor works with the Video/Film Supervisor and team, producers, creative and art directors, and Media Studio Senior Manager to produce videos from concept stages, through development, editing and final delivery.
You love experimenting, taking creative risks and challenging the status quo of traditional storytelling and narratives, especially when it comes to the outdoor space. You obsess over organization and detail and are able to communicate your thoughts and creative decisions clearly. You courageously embrace the unknown with curiosity and maintain resilience and composure on challenging projects.
We’re an eclectic crew of filmmakers that love our jobs and love the outdoors. We spend a lot of time working together outside, which requires us to overcome obstacles that can only be handled with immense respect for each other and clear communication. We love to nerd-out about gear (camera and outdoor!) and brainstorm amazing content we can create to make the outdoors more inclusive for all.
Join the REI Co-op films team and help us share our mission that a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Partner with Creative Directors, Art Directors and program managers on creative concepts, direction and REI brand alignment
- Come up with creative ideas and concepts to solve video briefs
- Filter all content and ideas through the REI lens and Brand values
- Take ownership and responsibility for projects
- Communicate risks, wins and concerns with Projects Managers or Producers in a timely manner
- Ensure that all deadlines for video content are met and projects stay on track
- Maintain a positive outlook and demeanor when collaborating with external and internal partners
- Familiar with multiple types of motion media production including ENG, studio, documentary, and narrative styles
- Comfort with creating and editing in traditional and non-traditional video formats (mobile/social)
- Excellent file, organizational and archive management
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder and Prelude
- Source library music assets and/or direct composers on creating original compositions
- Maintain color and quality standards for video capture
- B.F.A in Film\Video production or Photography or relevant experience preferred
- 8+ years of experience in video production
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and skills in video capture and editing
- Understanding of audio capture and engineering
- Proven abilities in effective concept creation within a team
- Demonstrated video project management skills
- Expertise in video and sound related software
- Knowledge and understanding of the outdoor customer
- Excellent attention to detail, follow through, and commitment to quality
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Acts upon opportunities, involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer