Posted Date: Oct- 9-2019
Job ID: 15792
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Merchandising Trainee contributes to REI’s success by, under the supervision of the Category Merchandising Manager, being accountable for the execution and implementation of the departmental assortment direction: coordinating work flow internally and with vendors, collaborating with cross-divisional partners and setting Merchandising Data Specialist (MDS) priorities.
- Coordinates workflow and timeline of cross-functional product team
- Maintains the style plan document
- Coordinates vendor and product data implementation with MDS
- Supports tactical vendor relationships
- Executes product plans for marketing programs
- Works with CMM to resolves x-divisional and vendor operational issues related to implementation of the style plan
- Maintains vendor MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy information
- Maintains in-stock & other report accuracy
- Coordinates and supports marketing proofing
- Coordinates competitive and other analysis
- Sample management
Bring your passion and expertise
- 0-2 years merchandising, retail or direct sales experience, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising
- Recent College Graduate
- Independent thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate assortment planning fundamentals (price ladder, competitive set, target customer analysis, etc.)
- Developed eye for brand appropriate product
- Demonstrated market and trend awareness
- Demonstrated confidence presenting in small and large groups
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with vendors and cross-divisional partners
- Ability to appropriately tailor both written and verbal communication to different audiences
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate department strategies and product initiatives to internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising math principles – IMU (Initial Markup), MDs (Markdowns), GM (Gross Margin)
- Ability to interpret, analyze and present key business metrics
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Developed eye for brand appropriate product.
- Demonstrated market and trend awareness.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer