Mobile Engineer Intern
Posted Date: Jan-20-2021
Job ID: 19046
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
Store: Seattle HQ
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern to contribute to REI's $100 million dollar eCommerce apps. You will work closely with UX and UI, product management, and other teams to conceive, design, and create unique mobile experiences for our customers. Help to delight our members and fulfill their passion for the outdoors by inspiring them with a world-class mobile app experience.
What You’ll Be a part of:
- An awesome high-performing native app development team supporting a $100 million app.
- Developing features on the client side and potentially web services (as needed).
- Participating in all phases of our agile development lifecycle. Work with product owners to break down stories and plan sprints; work with a team of designers, developers and testers to turn stories into coded features; present your work at sprint demos, and review progress in retrospectives
- Learning how to performance test your code and what to do when it isn't performing.
- Troubleshooting problems whether it’s in client code, server code, some network device.
- Learning when to use code comments, when to create a wiki page, and when to make a diagram.
- Be a good steward of the platforms you support, advocate for reusable code, refactoring, and the resolution of technical debt.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Pursing a bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related technical field
- Hands-on experience with SWIFT, Cocoa, Objective-C, xCode, iOS SDK, UIKit, and
- Hands-on experience with Java & Kotlin, Android Studio, Android SDK for a consumer facing application
- Hands-on experience integrating with 3rd party libraries (monitoring, analytics, notifications, etc.)
- Hands-on experience consuming REST/SOAP services
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer