Operations Specialist- Corporate Services - Kent (Temporary)
Posted Date: May-20-2019
Job ID: 14421
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Facilities
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
Provide support services to HQ Operations, and Mail Services, as required. The Operations Specialist reports to the Lead Maintenance Technician and Campus Manager with functional relationships in all HQ departments.
- Provide conference room setup and support at HQ while establishing communication with requestors
- Oversee maintenance of conference rooms and conference room equipment, reporting maintenance issues in a timely manner to the Lead Maintenance Technician and/or Campus Manager
- Monitor campus grounds, conference rooms, and restrooms for cleanliness
- Work in conjunction with the Lead Maintenance Technician, Campus Manager, and/or Administrative Services team on special projects.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Ability to work well with limited supervision
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Have the ability to clearly convey and accurately receive information by a variety of methods
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Working knowledge of audio-visual equipment and general maintenance a plus
- Be able to respond to facilities’ emergencies as requested to evaluate and assist in proper response
- Flexible hours may be required due to adverse weather or special conditions, working in conjunction with Lead Maintenance Technician and Campus Manager
- Be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Proven work performance that demonstrates an ability to work well with others
- Must have an excellent driving record and a valid Washington State driver’s license
- Possess the ability to use productive work methods, exercise sound judgment, and display initiative and innovation on the job
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer