Paid Media Specialist
Posted Date: Apr-20-2021
Job ID: 19693
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Paid Media Specialist supports national advertising campaigns, with a focus on driving brand awareness and conversions for the Co-op. This individual will have knowledge in the media landscape specifically across paid social, video, display, audio, and OOH. Knowledge across paid social ad platforms is key as our paid social activation is all in-house. In this role, this individual supports the Sr. Program Manager & Program Managers from strategy conception to execution and reporting and works in close partnership with our media agency, internal cross-divisional teams, and our in-house paid social team. The Paid Media Specialist will be responsible for the day-to day coordination, execution and management of all paid media campaigns, inclusive of paid social activation.
- Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Manages the development and communication of paid media plans for assigned lines of business in support of business owner needs and REI’s strategic business plan.
- Contributes to strategy development in partnership with the Senior Program Manager and Program Manager, and authors paid media project plans.
- Manages execution of paid social campaigns across all social ad platforms inclusive of Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and TikTok.
- Orchestrates and executes a variety of campaigns through cross-divisional planning, implementation, and recap phases, including ROI and brand lift analysis where applicable.
- Shepherds the creative development process for all channel deliverables, including updates to all the project plans and spec sheets for all channels, proof the digital trafficking workbook and creative work at appropriate stages.
- Partners with other marketing teams to ensure paid media and/or branded content plans are aligned and integrated with overall seasonal campaigns and other annual marketing programs. The integration of these plans is essential in delivering on REI’s brand promise.
- Manages relationships with both internal stakeholders and external partner (vendors, clients, strategic partners, and agencies) from concept through delivery, including management of weekly, bi-weekly and quarterly reports/recaps, competitive analysis and paid media recommendations.
- Responsible for building upon and maintaining team and vendor Sharepoint sites and coordinating meetings with internal and external partners.
- Evaluates partnership opportunities and proposals for strategic relevance, business need, and to ensure they are in-line with REI’s core values.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving mentality, always looking for more efficient ways to improve process
- Accountable for tracking the paid media and branded content budgets and all associated components (monthly billing, reconciling and forecasting).
- Manage the advertising generic email box.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years experience in social media campaign management, paid strategy, and analytics.
- Experience and demonstrated success working with marketing vendor relationships in a retail business model.
- 2+ years experience managing large projects
- Proficient in the Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat & Twitter ad managers.
- Experience with Kenshoo and Mediaocean
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer behavior and applying insights to daily work.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute marketing programs, adhere to and meet deadlines; demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience and demonstrated ability blending analytical and creative thinking.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Marketing or relevant field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office business applications.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer