Part-Time Contact Center Representative, Virtual
Posted Date: Jan-17-2020
Job ID: 16953
Job Function: Call Center
State: North Carolina
What's cool about this job
Imagine sharing your passion for the outdoors and helping provide guidance, knowledge and authentic experiences to our REI members. Now imagine doing this from the comfort of your own home, with the convenience of a no-hassle commute. Join our Contact Center team as a Contact Center Representative and help our co-op create and maintain relationships with like-minded customers! We are looking for eager, multi-taskers who love working with customers, and are comfortable conducting research online, to resolve problems. REI Contact Center Representatives are the eyes and ears of our customers and members and will field inbound customer calls and handle basic service calls. Individuals in this position will work collaboratively with their peers and teammates at REI using strong written and verbal communication skills.
Note to Current Employees: For this specific job requisition, the position may not be held in conjunction with any other position at REI. If you are currently an REI employee, you may apply for this position. However, if you are selected, you will be required to resign from your current position with REI in order to accept an offer of employment to fill the Contact Center Representative - Virtual position.
Our Contact Center team requires our part-time teammates to have a recurring availability of at least 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day. Additionally, our team requires all teammates to attend an Orientation, Sales, and Service training. Please see below for mandatory training dates; candidates will be assigned to one class and must attend all training sessions in their assigned class.
AM Training Dates:
Basecamp February 20, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
Week 1: February 24 – 28, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
Week 2: March 2 – 5, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
Week 3: March 9 – 12, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm EST
PM Training Dates:
Basecamp February 21, 4:00 pm - 9:00 EST
Week 1: February 24 – 28, 6:00 pm – 12:00 am EST
Week 2: March 2 – 5, 6:00 pm – 12:00 am EST
Week 3: March 9 – 12, 6:00 pm – 11:30 pm EST
*Please note, all job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Bring your passion and expertise
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for problem solving and the ability to apply service and sales skills to enhance the customer/member relationship by demonstrating empathy when resolving difficult customer situation utilizing de-escalation skills, critical thinking, creativity and problem-solving skills to provide a positive resolution. The ability to navigate through various technology software to research and accurately resolve service situations is critical to the success of this position. Here are the skills we are looking for in our Contact Center Representatives:
- If selected, employee must currently reside in the state of North Carolina AND be within 50 miles of an REI store (applicants not in the surrounding area will not be considered).
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Strong familiarity with computer software and programs - which includes, but not limited to chat and email software/ programs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task using a computer, and ability to navigate through multiple screens
- Schedule flexibility to meet business needs including weekends & peak sales periods
- Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately verbally and in writing
- Able to respond to customers over the phone, taking phone calls through-out their shift, up to 10 hours a day
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training dates and times
- Must be willing to accept a starting pay of $13.56/hour.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Has a passion for the outdoors, REI product and gear and applies knowledge in a manner that best serves REI members and customers
- Applicants must have a dedicated analog landline phone (no VOIP) installed, prior to training. (If applicants don’t have one, it could take up to three weeks to install).
- Must have a cell phone or tablet to install the Duo Mobile App. This is for multi-factor authentication and is required to access REI systems remotely.
- Must have a modem and router. (Combo cable modems/routers are allowed if users are signed up for a voice and data package with a cable provider.)
- Must have a router that supports 10/100Mbps ethernet.
- Must have high speed broadband internet
- Minimum upload speed of 2mbps
- Minimum download speed of 15mbps
- Applicants must meet all technical qualifications at the time of application.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer