Posted Date: Sep-13-2019
Job ID: 15735
Job Function: Retail Sales
|Our Sales Specialists will serve on a team whose job is to help REI, the nation's largest consumer co-op, engage with all of its audiences. REI's Sales Specialists contribute to the success of REI by maintaining a working knowledge of REI products and services and using this knowledge to sell products, services, and memberships to our customers. The position helps to maintain the store visual standards and assists in keeping the floor stocked with merchandise. REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI. |
* Provides customer service to REI members and guests.
* Sells REI products, co-op memberships and services.
* Continually expands knowledge of REI products and services
* Helps to maintain visual standards and cleanliness within department
* Stocks product from truck/warehouse to sales floor
* Communicates and cooperates with other staff and management team
|Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship! Here are some qualities we look for in our Sales Specialists:|
* Previous retail sales and customer services experience (preferred)
* Effective communication skills
* Meet availability requirements including some nights and weekends
* Knowledgeable of outdoor activities in assigned department.
* Completion of the REI Sales and Service Training and Membership Training prior to working on sales floor
* Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer