Part Time Visual Specialist - Kennewick
Posted Date: Oct-29-2018
Job ID: 12533
Job Function: Merchandising
What's cool about this job
You will play a meaningful role in crafting the customer experience in each REI store. You are responsible for implementing engaging in-store experiences with REI’s audience and customer base. You bring REI stories to life and help the co-op connect with employees, members, and customers. Are you ready to connect and inspire REI customers? If so, adventure on and check out the daily responsibilities expected:
- Executes store visual merchandising plan based on Visual Merchandising Manual, floor-sets, retail sales floor guides and visual updates to support REI’s Business Plan Calendar.
- Works with store team to maintain and adapt merchandise presentation based on current business needs, i.e., new product introductions and sell-through.
- Partners with store management team to ensure consistent and timely implementation of all REI visual standards.
- Trains and coaches sales specialists on visual merchandising standards, adaptations and signage placement.
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries, and customer feedback.
- Help support market or district new store openings, relocations, and remodels as needed.
Bring your passion and expertise
You love making things looks beautiful. You thrive in the outdoors. You have a passion for crafting visual experiences. If this sounds like you, then bring your passion and expertise to REI! Here are some skills that we look for in our Retail Sales Specialist - Visuals:
- Previous experience with visual merchandising in a retail environment (preferred)
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- 1-2 years retail store experience (preferred)
- Shown ability to develop and foster working relationships with both management team and staff
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Some travel required
- Exceptional organizational skills
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer