Part-time Retail Visual Specialist - North Conway
Posted Date: Aug-16-2019
Job ID: 15399
Job Function: Merchandising
City: North Conway
State: New Hampshire
Store: North Conway
What's cool about this job
You will play a meaningful role in crafting the customer experience in each REI store. You are responsible for implementing engaging in-store experiences with REI’s audience and customer base. You bring REI stories to life and help the co-op connect with employees, members, and customers. Are you ready to connect and inspire REI customers? If so, adventure on and check out the daily responsibilities expected:
- Executes store visual merchandising plan based on Visual Merchandising Manual, floor-sets, retail sales floor guides and visual updates to support REI’s Business Plan Calendar.
- Works with store team to maintain and adapt merchandise presentation based on current business needs, i.e., new product introductions and sell-through.
- Partners with store management team to ensure consistent and timely implementation of all REI visual standards.
- Trains and coaches sales specialists on visual merchandising standards, adaptations and signage placement.
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries, and customer feedback.
- Help support market or district new store openings, relocations, and remodels as needed.
Bring your passion and expertise
You love making things looks beautiful. You thrive in the outdoors. You have a passion for crafting visual experiences. If this sounds like you, then bring your passion and expertise to REI! Here are some skills that we look for in our Retail Sales Specialist - Visuals:
- Previous experience with visual merchandising in a retail environment (preferred)
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- 1-2 years retail store experience (preferred)
- Shown ability to develop and foster working relationships with both management team and staff
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Some travel required
- Exceptional organizational skills
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer