Photo Stylist (currently located in Kent, WA-moving to Sumner, WA summer of 2020)
Posted Date: Nov- 1-2019
Job ID: 15797
Job Type: Full Time
Store: Distribution Center WA
What's cool about this job
Do you love photo styling? Love the outdoors? Want to work in a place where what you do actually matters? If so, we have the perfect job for you.
The Photo Stylist is responsible for prepping and styling merchandise for both on-figure and off-figure photography. Using our studio style guides, you will collaborate with the team to generate on brand, consistent, high-quality imagery. A keen awareness of our product assortment and outdoor industry trends is key. Beyond that, you will be a resource and collaborator to freelance support, sharing our standards, process and guidelines.
Your technical styling skillset combined with your infectious positive attitude, time management, organization, proactive nature, and more -will help to achieve our business goals and larger social missions. Join our motley crew, the product photography team at REI Co-op, and let’s create some cool stuff with a positive impact.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of product styling in a commercial photo studio with the ability to balance creative and strategic deliverables
- Creative portfolio which demonstrates technical aptitude, an eye for style, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Knowledge of fashion industry trends and forecasts
- Comfortable styling and working with models as project needs require
- Confident working in a dynamic studio environment with tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of the products REI sells, and the mindset of the outdoor customer
- Experience with set design, composition, background and prop choices, as well as additional styling needs as projects may require
- Experience working with photographers, designers, and art/creative directors
- Understanding of outdoor activities and gear
- Calm under pressure while working in a dynamic studio environment with tight deadlines
- Willingness to receive constructive feedback and push on existing boundaries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven, while also being highly-capable of working in a team-oriented environment
- Proactive problem-solver, both creatively and technically
- Experience documenting business processes
- Understanding of Capture One software is a plus
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer