Principal Business Systems Analyst- Rentals, Used and Activity Centers
Posted Date: Jul-30-2019
Job ID: 15120
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
As a Principal Business Systems Analyst, you’ll ensure the alignment of business strategy to the planning and execution of projects. You’ll play a leading role in our efforts to provide customers with our new offerings of Rentals, Used gear and Activity Centers (i.e. boathouses). You'll serve as a liaison for large, complex and cross divisional projects between the New Business teams, IT Architects, IT application and IT infrastructure teams to ensure business needs and requirements are understood, valued, prioritized and communicated for Rentals, Used Gear, and Activity Centers. Providing customers with the ability to participate in these offerings will not only solve a customer need but will benefit the environment by keeping more gear out of landfills!
Bring your passion and expertise
- Related work experience for 7+ years with previous experience in eCommerce, Retail, and/or a customer focused startup
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or business (administration, finance, etc.), or equivalent work experience required
- Previous experience managing, scoping, sizing and prioritizing a portfolio of stakeholder demand
- Ability to facilitate, identify, validate, document, prioritize and manage business requirements (including use cases, conceptual data modeling, process modeling and mapping, etc.)
- Familiarity with the appropriate use of requirements elicitation approaches (User stories, Business requirements documents, etc.) to document requirements and with waterfall and agile SDLC methodologies
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, nimble team, and willingness to provide input or assistance across various functions and roles within the team
- Experience with integration of third party SaaS providers and tools
- Aptitude for creative thinking, decision-making, leaning, problem-solving, systems thinking, personal ethics, organizational skills and trustworthiness
- Ability to manage and engage stakeholders, identify dependencies and impacts
- Understanding of both business and systems processes and an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Understanding of business functionality, interfaces, data flow, and functional architecture of systems supported
- Demonstration of strong oral & written communications, teaching, facilitation & negotiation, leadership & influencing skills
- Ability to work as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Knowledge of business principles and practices, industry, organizational, and solution knowledge and general purpose and specialized applications
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer