Principal Product Manager, Customer Identity & Accounts
Posted Date: Oct-12-2018
Job ID: 12284
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This role contributes to REI success by playing a leadership role and providing oversight to Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM)/Customer Identity for REI digital properties. The Principal Product Manager will leverage internal and external analysis to drive decisions around the development and vision of the customer-focused product strategy. The position will attain a deep understanding of the role customer data attributes play in delivering digital customer experiences and help in the prioritization and development of our cross-channel digital retail products that engage our customers and deliver value back to REI. The Principal Product Manager will work with stakeholders from across the organization to identify the right business opportunities to address with the right technology solutions. We are seeking a highly experienced product manager with an e-commerce background who can lead this work across web and native applications. This role models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Define creative, high quality, and simple product road-maps based on team strategy and vision.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs, including the opportunity backlog; a prioritized list of problems that we can solve for our customers in order to provide value.
- Create buy-in for the product vision with key business and technical partners.
- Work closely with engineering and project management to deliver products.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impede the team’s ability to meet goals.
- Represent the customer and engage with the business to ensure that business needs, viewpoints, and objectives are translated into opportunity assessments.
- Work with the product management team to ensure that opportunities are assigned for product discovery by our product development teams.
- Work with stakeholders to quantify and articulate the value of these opportunities.
- Articulate prioritization decisions to stakeholders.
- Communicate status and articulates prioritization decisions to stakeholders; being the voice of the team to stakeholders.
- Advocates, support and contributes to the ongoing improvement of our Agile practice.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 8+ years or equivalent experience managing medium to large projects with both a business and a technology focus.
- 5+ years or equivalent experience leading product development and digital strategy.
- Demonstrated competency with new and emerging cross-channel and web-based technologies, web services, and back-end application infrastructure.
- Agile/SCRUM team experience.
- Experience developing products for a mobile customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Ability to build a strong customer-centric product vision, and create simple solutions to complex problems with competing priorities.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and building effective cross-functional partnerships with CX, Design and Development teams to successfully deliver delightful customer experiences.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives, and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction set by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of consumer problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer