Principal Product Manager - Customer Platforms
Posted Date: May- 5-2019
Job ID: 13980
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Principal Product Manager of Customer Platforms is responsible for developing the data ecosystem to enable personalized, seamless and engaging customer experience across all customer touchpoints and offerings. This role will transform our current CSA (customer service application) capabilities, onboard a CDP (customer data platform) for enterprise customer data aggregation, utilization and access, and evolve a DMP capability (data management platform) to identify, study and target our customers at all points within the customer experience from first engagement to loyal members.
The role will:
- Work in collaboration with the IT, engineering and business leaders to design and deliver complex, large scale customer systems involving multiple work streams, releases, and deployments.
- Understand and plan for the complexity of leading across multiple teams to deliver enterprise solutions at scale. Uncover critical dependencies and risks to product launch.
- Deploy and use best practices to measure, understand and optimize the success of the products you own. Based on your product vision & strategy, design new features and propose improvements to existing features to maximize impact.
- Work well across disciplines and stakeholders to coordinate between workstreams to drive impactful product launches. Identify and communicate requirements and coordinate between these workstreams.
- Collect, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Manage timelines, develop and follow multiple product roadmaps to organize timely feature releases and minimize release delays.
- Analyze information from the Customer Insights team, user surveys and usability testing to inform product roadmap.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and define creative, high quality, and simple product road-maps based on team strategy and vision Developing detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture.
- Managing prioritization and trade-offs. ·
- Creating buy-in for the product vision with key business and technical partners. ·
- Working closely with engineering and project management to deliver products.·
- Proactively identifying and resolving strategic issues that may impede the team’s ability to meet goals.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years or equivalent experience managing medium to large projects with both a business and a technology focus.
- 7+ years or equivalent experience leading product development and digital strategy.
- Demonstrated competency with new and emerging cross-channel and web-based technologies, applications and trends.
- Agile/Scrum team experience.
- Experience developing products for a mobile customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Ability to build a strong customer-centric product vision, and create simple solutions to complex problems with competing priorities.
- Proven track record taking ownership and working in cross-functional teams to successfully deliver results.Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with consumer technology, web services, and back-end application infrastructure.
- Customer-obsessed, this person has a passion for creating innovative solutions to create breakthrough customer outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives, and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- High attention to detail.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer