Principal Product Manager, New Business Innovation
Posted Date: Jun- 3-2021
Job ID: 20169
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Are you a deeply curious person who is obsessed with understanding customers? Are you a relentless and resourceful problem solver who isn't afraid to fail fast, learn and try again? Do you have the entrepreneurial drive and the tool kit to rapidly test new ideas? Then REI has the job for you. We are looking for a Product Manager to lean test new business opportunities for co-op. You'll work with a small team of ninja software engineers and designers to relentlessly assess product market fit for the best new services we can imagine. You’ll incubate the co-ops next big thing.
Today, REI has a thriving business helping people buy the gear and apparel they need to get outside. However, buying gear is only one of the many reasons why people struggle to get outside. We’ve been talking to our customers, and we see opportunities to knock down more barriers to empower more people to experience the joy of the outdoors. We need the right product leader to help us relentlessly test these ideas.
- Lead a cross-functional product team (engineers, architects, design) on point to tackle our co-ops biggest and most complex opportunities
- Obsessively understand our customers, their desires and journey to get outdoors through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Develop insights from customer research, data analysis and business analytics to discover new solutions to their problems
- Build a short- and long-term learning agenda and craft experiments to achieve your teams objectives
- Communicate and align with multiple product teams, stakeholders and executives to deliver on your learning agenda
- Run experiments, interpret results, learn and develop new informed hypotheses
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impede the team’s ability to meet goals
- Resolve roadblocks by generating alignment across a variety of personalities, job functions, perspectives and working styles
- Communicate the company vision and strategy and translate that strategy into a product strategy for the team
- Develop and improve product practices for the Co-op.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years of product management experience on consumer digital products
- Entrepreneurial drive. You have started at least one business.
- Demonstrated ability to build a strong customer-centric product vision, identify simple solutions and create organizational alignment to solve complex problems
- Mastery of a range of product management best practices, including Discovery and Lean testing techniques
- Ability to communicate fluently across business, product and technology boundaries. Can communicate comfortably with engineers, designers, operations and business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer