Procure to Pay Systems Analyst - Bellevue/Kent
Posted Date: Sep- 7-2018
Job ID: 11888
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing a variety of services to support the Procure to Pay Operations production environment. Coordinates business unit functional requirements and technical solutions to develop effective application administration, system monitoring and security by applying thorough knowledge of the business needs and systems technology. Analyzes and supports computer systems or software and resolves issues regarding operations including installations, security, internal controls, help desk tickets etc. Ensures user satisfaction by troubleshooting and quickly resolving problems. This role functions as subject matter expert for developing and delivering Procure to Pay reporting and analytics. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Analyzes and interprets system functionality for Procure to Pay Operations to ensure the optimal integrity and functionality within SAP and Ariba.
- Assists with detailed plans, process flows and documentation for implementation of new or changing solutions.
- Establishes and maintains system documentation for the Procure to Pay Operations team and end users.
- Prepares Procure to Pay reporting; identifying and explaining past due balances if applicable (ie. Aged Trial Balance, GR/ IR, Blocked invoice, Treasury Forecasting, Exception reporting, Internal/External audits, etc.)
- Performs systems analysis and requirements gathering for moderately complex applications.
- Processes the annual 1099 returns per governmental regulations and timeline
- Drive process and workflow development by identifying areas for improvement.
- Monitors, analyzes and validates data to support current service levels and short-range planning.
- Maintains internal Procure to Pay process documentation, related forms, online procedures for business units, and SAP documents for end users.
- Assists with financial audits by providing control testing selections, reports, preparing audit schedules, and identifying and explaining variances
- Creates, prepares and facilitates the reporting needs for the Procure to Pay Operations Department.
- Diagnoses and resolves incidents and problems.
- Resolves escalated internal and external customer service issues.
- Ensures the Procure to Pay system utilization and processes follow industry best practices.
- Serves as an information resource for the evaluation and support of additional features and components of systems.
- Work with project teams to implement software application solutions i.e. Winshuttle or upgrades ready for the production environment.
- Plan and manage small projects and coordinates own task planning for medium projects.
- Maintains Company and employee confidence by keeping information confidential
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent training and experience.
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of Accounts Payable, Finance, best practices and interdependencies.
- Proven training and documentation skills.
- Capable of assessing a challenge, finding a solution and driving the solution to completion.
- Demonstrated collaborative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Detailed knowledge of SAP master data creation screens and configuration
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 6 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer