Product Inventory Administrator
Posted Date: Jul-11-2018
Job ID: 11481
Job Function: Administrative
Store: Sales & Customer Support
What's cool about this job
The Product Inventory Administrator ensures product availability and product information accuracy for customers across multi-channels: REI.com, REI-Outlet.com, Retail and Catalog, so that service levels, sales and expense goals are achieved.
- Conducts reviews of completed events; including style, photo, description, price & inventory; investigates and pursues resolution of issues.
- Coordinates the proofing process of catalogs and online site content.
- On a daily basis, resolves inventory issues in print and online; including pricing, availability, quality, and backorder availability and packaging.
- Works with Merchandising as needed to find solutions to inventory issues including backorders and vendor issues.
- Creates and maintains Waypoint tickets to track issue resolution when appropriate.
- Coordinates tasks with and communicates changes to Product Inventory Specialists including, backorder maintenance and inventory issues.
- Communicates inventory issues to Product Information Specialists and Contact Center as is appropriate.
- Assists in coordinating and communicating resolution of QA issues such as safety recalls.
- Investigates and is adaptable to changes that support growth; communicates these observations to Coordinator and Supervisor.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2-3 years of experience working directly with outdoor products or retail equivalent
- Strong grasp of Merchandising operational flow
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present data, research and plan with a minimum of supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on tact and diplomacy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, work on multiple tasks
- simultaneously and organize workflow while meeting deadlines
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train and present information
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of and ability to apply REI policies, procedures and philosophy
- Knowledge of SAP, COM, WM, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Successful work performance demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, use productive work methods, exercise sound judgment and display initiative and innovation on the job.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer