Program Manager, Audience Marketing Strategy
Posted Date: Mar- 8-2019
Job ID: 13103
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The REI Marketing team is looking for a Program Manager, Audience Strategy with a strong knowledge of marketing vehicles (direct, display, performance, and social). We’re looking for someone with the curiosity to torture answers from our data and push our audience planning efforts to the next level. This role contributes to REI’s success by providing support to Direct, Social, Paid Media, Performance, and Loyalty marketing teams with regards to planning audience execution, driving a testing roadmap across every marketing channel, while ensuring audiences are activated as intended and optimized. As a member of the business planning and marketing optimization team, this position will be responsible for driving a learning agenda to ensure REI’s marketing investment is always being made with continuous improvement in mind. We are seeking a driven, analytically minded, marketer who is also a master communicator.
Leverage quantitative research and analysis to answer key business questions and deliver a compelling customer-based stories; sometimes with incomplete or directional findings
Diagnose drivers behind performance and surface recommendations including audience and channel optimizations
Seek efficiencies in aggregating insights across divisions and develop best practices for measurement post-campaign
Own longitudinal audience testing across marketing.
Lead weekly audience planning meeting with working teams.
Build customer planning framework and work to drive better customer outcomes.
Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting of marketing programs & campaigns, including creation of detailed technical specifications containing relevant information such as versioning, testing, and back-end instructions.
Identify strategic opportunities to maximize returns in pursuit of REI’s financial and brand goals including implementing new audience targeting strategies, redefining segments, and acquiring new marketing technology.
Conduct test reads using valid statistical techniques
Provide analytics support for forecasting audience trends and guidance on risks to plans
Bring your passion and expertise
- BS/BBA or MS/MBA in Analytics, Marketing, Statistics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a CRM and/or analytics driven environment, preferably with a multi-channel retailer and with a focus on digital marketing/ecommerce
- 3+ years’ experience with forecasting and/or planning responsibilities
- Experience working with at least two of the following and exposure to all of the following: email marketing, direct mail, display advertising, retargeting, performance marketing, and mobile push.
- Comfortable leading group discussions with 20+ participants
- Experience holding peers, managers, and leadership accountable for deliverables
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in retail, ecommerce, and/or marketing
- Deep understanding of current marketing landscape and the interplay between marketing vehicles
- Master communicator
- Not afraid to ask tough questions or have unpopular opinions
- Analytically minded with sharp problem-solving skills and an insatiable curiosity to understand drivers behind performance
- Ability to quickly and effectively communicate complex quantitative results to internal stakeholders
- Self-disciplined and motivated in a marketing environment that requires creativity and strong attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and work multiple concurrent requests from different business teams
- Adept at prioritizing and delivering on multiple concurrent initiatives
- Flexible and can still operate effectively in an environment where priorities may shift
- You are a data-story teller, extracting meaning from data and translating into a strategic narrative is exciting and gives you energy
- You use data to influence your partners to do the right thing for the customer by distilling complex ideas into easy-to-understand frameworks or visualizations
- You are confident in a high-visibility environment and operate well under pressure
- You are self-driven and enjoy working autonomously
- Experience informing a marketing technology roadmap/stack preferred
- Familiarity with econometrics and other advanced statistical concepts, including application of regression-based modeling, is a plus
- Experience using Tableau preferred
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6.5 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer