Program Manager - Email Marketing
Posted Date: Jan-29-2020
Job ID: 16764
Job Type: Full Time
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Program Manager - Email Marketing contributes to REI’s success by developing and managing campaign strategy and requirements for email marketing campaigns. Manages holistic content strategy and GTM planning for email messaging across marketing, business and program priorities. Oversees strategic planning into execution process including, tactical planning, resource management, budgeting, creative development, proofing, and recap of performance to apply to future campaigns. Seen as the SME for email channel and drives direction through established best-practices.
Manages relationships between external and internal business partners and authoring of email marketing plans. The Program Manager – Email Marketing works cross-divisionally to guide the development and implementation of direct marketing programs in support of all REI’s sales channels (retail, online and direct sales). Collaborates with the Manager, Direct Marketing, analysts on the Direct Marketing Analytics team, peer Direct Marketing Program Managers team and numerous cross-divisional stakeholders.
- Creates and advocates for email marketing strategies in support of REI company and marketing goals.
- Creates and maintains contact plans in support of email marketing program strategies.
- Authors and maintains project plans for email marketing efforts.
- Creates and maintains internal production requests in support of email marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify and/or acquire assets in support of email marketing plans.
- Proofs, vets and approves creative execution to assure project plan requirements are delivered.
- Creates annual and/or seasonal plans for email program in support of Marketing Annual Business Plan.
- Collaborates with Direct Marketing Analysts, Brand Communications, Brand Creative, Merchandising, advertising agency and IT to assure timely delivery of brand-right messages.
- Manages planning process to inform program sales and expense budget.
- Manages expenses monthly and updates working plans to maintain percentage of sales budgets.
- Communicates campaign and program results to cross-divisional partners.
- Leverages analysis of campaign performance and makes use of customer data to inform campaign requirements.
- Leads and/or contributes to direct marketing projects as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years direct marketing experience (primarily email).
- A solid understanding of direct marketing including delivery, creative constraints, and opportunities.
- 3 + years experience in developing marketing plans and strategies in collaboration with cross-divisional partner teams.
- 3+ years experience authoring and managing project plans.
- Experience working with content and creative teams including design and copywriting functions.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing and cross-divisional processes and relationship needs.
- 2+ years experience working with a large budget (>$1M) across multiple media and vendor outlets.
- Comfort in making decisions within this budget and impact context.
- 1+ years experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs preferred.
- 1+ years in process management, and working with technical teams on toolset/feature development.
- Expert skill level with MS-Office Tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access.
- Understanding of web analytics tools (example: Coremetrics, or Omniture).
- BA in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field preferred.
- Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals and managing program budgets.
- Ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer