Program Manager, Marketing Integration
Posted Date: Oct-23-2018
Job ID: 12390
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by managing category marketing efforts across programs and channels, ensuring delivery against KPIs including demand, awareness, and engagement, among other goals. Specifically, this role is responsible for developing annual marketing plans for assigned categories, and driving the integration for services, expertise and experiences (e.g. REI Adventure Travel, Outdoor School, Owned Events). Category assignments may include: Hike, Backpack, Camp, Climb, Trail Run, Actionsports (Cycle, Snow, Water), and Apparel.
In this role, the Program Manager will partner with cross-functional teams within marketing (channels, brand strategy and creative), as well as cross-divisional teams (enterprise strategy, retail, digital retail and merchandising) to develop an annual GTM to support category growth & overall business performance. S/he will also work closely with marketing analytics to drive business inputs and updates, reviewing and reporting performance and optimization opportunities quarterly.
The Program Manager also drives integration for services and off-price events across their assigned activity streams within business planning windows, including clearances. The Program Manager leads execution for assigned activity streams, in partnership with the customer window planning team and other stakeholders for time-frame planning. The individual is also a key contributor to bi-weekly business review meetings and performance recapping.
- Develops annual go-to-market plans in support of assigned categories
- Leads integration of relevant channel, program, services, content, experience, and product priorities within assigned categories
- Ensures that the customer experience is clear, delivers on business goals and reflects the REI Master Brand principles and guidelines.
- Contributes to budget, channel and audience allocation for activity stream
- Works closely with Brand and Enterprise strategy, in order to develop positioning documentation, ultimately informing the creative brief
- Leads meetings and provides documentation through the category marketing development cycle to keep partners uniformly informed of progress and changes necessary to achieving business goals
- Leads integration of other business services, including off-price elements, within category assignments, working closely with customer window planning teams and other stakeholders for time-frame planning and priorities.
- Collaborates with partners and Marketing Analytics to develop measurable KPIs
- Works closely with marketing analytics to drive business inputs and updates, recapping category business performance. Key contributor to bi-weekly business review meetings and window performance recapping
- Contributes to business performance reviews, elevates opportunities to optimize marketing plans, and leads the process to amend or update customer experience when key deliverables or direction changes
- Leads comprehensive reviews and sync meetings for assigned categories
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years strategic planning experience and campaign execution in Advertising and/or Marketing
- BA in Business or Marketing related degree required, post-graduate work optional
- Demonstrated experience and competency in leading and developing integrated marketing plans
- Proven track record developing integrated marketing plans that meet or exceed business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work in a deadline and process-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Experience and success in productively managing partners and relationships in developing marketing programs.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
- Champions the team and advocates solutions in the overall company’s best interest.
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer