Program Manager, Recommerce
Posted Date: Feb-11-2019
Job ID: 13322
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Retail Operations
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by driving the execution of growth initiatives related to the recommerce business at REI. The Program Manager will work with the Recommerce Manager to implement unique customer offerings that work to progress a circular economy strategy for the Co-op. This role will utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform go-to-market for recommerce growth initiatives and develop scale-up or wind-down business plans based on key learnings. The recommerce initiative at REI is highly entrepreneurial, and the Program Manager will be expected to contribute structured, strategic thinking in an ambiguous, start-up like environment. This position is cross-functional in nature and will interface regularly with internal stakeholders in addition to external partners.
The Recommerce Program Manager will manage multiple initiatives and ensure that dependencies among projects are appropriately managed. This role will monitor consumer trends, emerging technologies and assess how new opportunities can be leveraged to improve the customer experience and connect people to REI. This position leads high-impact initiatives and acts as a representative in cross-divisional forums. This role models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Oversees the management of a portfolio of programs and projects that support the recommerce initiative at REI
- Develops requirements for programs and projects while continuously evaluating the needs of customers and vendor partners. Identifies and provides recommendations for process and program improvements. Research trends, technologies, opportunities, threats, competitors and other factors that affect the program.
- Initiates, plans, and delivers medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year initiatives. Utilizes established project management methodology or where appropriate, partners with Project Manager(s) in leading/influencing project implementation.
- Ensures program quality and success through management of action items, issues, and decisions, assessing risks, initiating change requests, identifying resource needs, meeting deadlines for deliverables, and financial planning. Appropriately escalate barriers to project managers and department leaders.
- Contributes to New Business Development strategy and roadmap.
- Works with cross-divisional leadership to identify and close critical program gaps.
- Collaborates with the manager to ensure that each program is on strategy, on time and within budget.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for process and program improvements.
- Leads and develops programs and projects that transform process, policy, and systems.
- Manages the progress of programs and projects and regularly communicates the project status to management and stakeholders.
- Facilitates and leads to collaborative cross-functional meetings.
- Manages and develops assigned budgets for programs and/or projects.
- Manages both external and internal business relationships with vendors, clients, strategic partners, and agencies.
- May travel to various local and national locations.
- Responds to customer and store requests as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
2+ years building and leading cross-functional teams
5+ years experience managing medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year projects with a business and technology focus
5+ years experience leading program development and omni-channel strategy
Ability to think strategically in a highly entrepreneurial and ambiguous environment
Ability to work collaboratively across a complex organization to drive projects and programs forward
Utilizes quantitative and qualitative insight to inform decisions and program direction
Certification in program management, process improvement (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma), and/or project management (e.g. PMP)
Familiarity with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member
Why you'll love it here
At REI, we inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. What began as a group of 23 mountain climbing buddies is now the nation's largest consumer cooperative. But no matter how large we grow, our roots remain firmly planted in the outdoors. Our passion for outdoor adventure is clear.
By staying true to our roots, we've earned a place on FORTUNE magazine's list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" every year since the rankings began in 1998. We work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our core purpose guides everything we do: we all work to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer