Program Manager, Social Media
Posted Date: Jun-14-2019
Job ID: 14521
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This position contributes to REI’s success by planning and implementing programs or projects that support the marketing organization organizational objectives for volume, revenue, profit, customer acquisition, retention, and satisfaction. Identifies and develops new program opportunities. Works individually or with a team to analyze economic considerations, develop forecasts, estimate costs, prepare pricing studies, and manage program/project budgets. Includes segment activities.
The ideal candidate requires advanced knowledge of their field within marketing, applies advanced principles, theories and concepts, and a high level of strategic thinking. May require considerable working knowledge of other major areas and the skill to integrate and communicate that information. Projects or forecasts future needs. Evaluates impact on strategic planning objectives and strategies. Decisions have a profound impact on the total organization. Work involves latitude for decision-making and priority setting. Is assigned long-range projects and reviewed through achievement of objectives according to pre-defined
Within our broader social engagement team, this person will lead our work to do three critical things:
- Build a world-class social listening program that enables us to nimbly insert REI into culturally relevant conversations on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
- Work with Senior Manager of Social to brief our dedicated social creative team on both long-term and shorter-turn acquisition-focused work that aligns with REI’s customer segmentation strategy.
- Handle reporting/measurement for our social engagement team to track overall team performance and efficiency of efforts to both deepen relationships with our existing community and acquire new customers.goals.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in addition to 5+ years demonstrated experience as a Program Manager working within a Marketing/Creative department or agency.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience leading process improvement efforts and implementing innovative solutions to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and proven ability to straddle big picture strategy and downstream tactics.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships within and outside of the organization from individual contributors to senior leadership.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to resolve project issues and reach sound business decisions.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office business applications.
- Skilled and fluent across print, digital, and web environments.
- Demonstrates excellence in both written and verbal communications.
- Actively participates, collaborates, influences, and leads with others on one’s own team and cross-divisionally for the achievement of business goals.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile department goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change, and influences others to change.
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Experience working within a work management tool for schedule building, housing project requirements, communications, and time tracking.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer