Process Improvement Program Specialist, Asset Protection
Posted Date: Feb-22-2019
Job ID: 12368
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by planning, analyzing, developing and implementing projects and programs to protect co-op profitability, enhance the customer experience and grow the business, while ensuring alignment with Co-Op strategy. Acts as an Asset Protection program representative and consults with Asset Protection leadership and cross-divisional partners to identify opportunities and optimize Asset Protection performance. May travel to various locations to conduct research, collaborate with field teams, and/or execute on program/project launches. This job applies to multiple programs under the Asset Protection Operations team. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Contributes to program strategy development for Asset Protection programs such as Total Co-op Loss, shrink reduction, and physical security in partnership with the Program Managers and Asset Protection leaders.
- Advocates on behalf of the Asset Protection division by working with cross-divisional partners, providing consultation, recommendations, operational tools and resources to support programs and projects in areas of expertise.
- Convenes and leads cross-divisional partners in efforts to deliver on Co-Op goals and priorities.
- Supports and makes decisions on projects that impact Asset Protection, ensuring operational excellence.
- Collects project feedback and information to identify and optimize performance.
- Works with partners for execution of change management plans and preparing all related communications.
- Informs opportunity and need for training content. At times, acts as a subject-matter-expert for content.
- Collects, compiles, documents and analyzes information and feedback on Asset Protection store processes and operational efficiency.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to cross-divisional and Asset Protection partners.
- Facilitates and leads collaborative cross-functional meetings held both internally and externally.
- Creates and leads implementation strategies and plans for testing to ensure quality, prioritization and operational feasibility prior to launch. Delivers programs or systems when appropriate to partner divisions.
- Manages both external and internal business relationships with vendors, clients, strategic partners, and agencies. Manages relationships with internal stakeholders from concept through delivery of programs.
- Develop and track assigned project and/or program budgets, as needed.
- May travel to various local and national locations.
- Responds to customer and cross-divisional requests as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience in process improvement and/or project/program management.
- Certification in program management, process improvement (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma), and/or project management (e.g. PMP)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient computer skills, to include database management, word processing, spreadsheet software, e-mail, and the internet.
- Strong analytical, process and business acumen skills.
- Knowledge of standard processes within the retail environment.
- Handles confidential information effectively and appropriately.
- Knowledge of standard operational principles and processes.
- Knowledge of computerized retail, supply chain, or asset protection applications.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
Why you'll love it here
REI is more than just a place to work. It’s a fun, inspired culture where a rare balance is struck between professional duties and personal adventures. Whether you camp, paddle board, climb mountains or simply prefer local parks, the outdoors connects us all. Then factor in REI’s stewardship, dedication to sustainability and contributions to our customers’ loved outdoor spaces and you have a recipe for some passionate employee.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer