Program Specialist, Customer Programs
Posted Date: Feb- 5-2018
Job ID: 9155
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This role leads the planning and execution of digital merchandising activities in support of key goals for product merchandising programs (includes Membership, Gift Card, Mastercard, Adventures & Outdoor Programs & Outreach plus others as assigned).
This role ensures optimal digital presentation of the programs and related content that helps our customers make successful discovery and buying decisions for their outdoor experience.
This role is responsible for driving sales and digital engagement for these programs through well researched and collaborative planning, in depth analysis of customer shopping behavior, and execution of product and content features online that create a natural shopping experience to facilitate conversion.
This role develops and drives execution of a holistic digital strategy that aligns with key enterprise strategies and delivers on business goals for related programs.
Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Partner with Loyalty Marketing, Outdoor Programs and Adventures teams to understand business priorities to build promotion and support plans. Apply knowledge of key eCommerce and merchandising business principles for optimal digital representation of programs to achieve financial goals.
- Partner with other Digital Merchandisers regarding the placement and promotion of Private Brand product in their business lines
- Define, communicate and drive execution of a seasonal plan for related programs.
- Execute strategies to achieve sales goals as well as analyze website metrics and optimize merchandising plan to drive sales
- Partner with key development partners and business stakeholders to drive execution of features and functionality necessary to support related strategic goals.
- Analyze digital performance, provide constructive input, and plan the incorporation of technology innovations into digital features to enhance purchase conversion
- Develop, communicate and drive execution of annual plans for the programs.
- Plan, analyze and respond to changing business needs
- Partner with Marketing colleagues to ensure program strategies are developed and executed that support the digital business.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years’ experience in an online retailing environment.
- 2+ years web analytics experience including a solid understanding of web metrics, testing methodology and optimization strategies.
- Experience with web-based analytical tools such as: Omniture Site Catalyst or similar demand driven solution.
- Experience using online search and merchandising solutions to execute online merchandising plans
- Previous experience in the outdoor gear marketplace and ability to capitalize on market trends a plus.
- Understanding of merchandising buying process preferred.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Proven ability to operate with transparency, accountability and urgency to drive results.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Proven capability at developing and communicating strategic plans
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, accountability and a strong desire to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
Joining Digital Retail at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to digitally inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to life the 21st century Digital flagship.
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer