Project Manager, Marketing
Posted Date: Mar-19-2019
Job ID: 13698
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
When your friends want to get outside, they ask you to plan the perfect trip; they know you'll balance difficulty with payoff, get them all the information they need before they head out and plan in extra time for that one friend who is always late.
You're a marketing project manager with an innate love of the outdoors. You live and breathe problem solving, supporting creatives, schedules, helping cross-divisional partners communicate nicely with one another and standardizing workflow. You want to apply your PM chops at a company that works hard every day to help our 17 million members have amazing experiences outside.
In this role, you'll lead digital and print projects in support of marketing campaigns, promotional events and other co-op programs with stakeholders in various divisions. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong business acumen and a proven ability to lead and influence others. You're unwilling to settle for "the way we've always done it," because if you see a broken process, you want to work to improve it.
- Provides end-to-end autonomous project management support and leadership for a portfolio of multi-channel, cross-divisional print and digital projects in support of annual Marketing campaigns/events and Business program communication strategies
- Projects supported are typically small-large in scope, complexity, and business criticality
- Ensures up front project requirements are received, and that projects are delivered are on time, meet strategic objectives and fall within approved scope and budget parameters
- Schedules and facilitates multiple weekly meetings including project kick-offs, creative approvals, issue resolution, and creative team stand-ups
- Works closely with Creative Managers to discuss project status and priorities, resource bandwidth concerns, and preparation for creative approvals
- Acts as key liaison with third party partners such as the Media buying agency, Email agency, and Creative Agencies in the management and coordination of project timelines, dependencies, deliverables, requirements, issue resolution to ensure project quality, success and timely delivery
- Develops and maintains oversight of SOW with Creative Agencies. Partners with Creative leaders and Purchasing for budget parameters, scope of work, NDA’s etc.
- Uses excellent business savvy skills to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances
- Accountable for applying process innovation to project management approach and is able to think differently, using non-traditional methods to move work forward
- Contributes to continuous business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies utilizing relative process improvement techniques and methodologies
- Leverages work management tool, “Workfront” daily to:
- Centrally house access to all project requirements, schedules, documentation, and communication
- Time tracking compliance to ensure reporting accuracy
- Inform current and future resource capacity concerns
- Leads and/or provides support relative to tool releases
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in addition to 3+ years demonstrated experience as a Project/Client Manager working within a Mktg/Creative department
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience concurrently managing multiple small to large cross-divisional, multi-channel print and digital projects in a fast-paced Mktg department
- 3+ years working with creative teams including design, copy, production, and photo/video preferred
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience leading process improvements efforts and implementing innovative solutions to solve business problems
- Extremely organized and highly accountable
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and proven ability to straddle big picture strategy and downstream tactics
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships within and outside of the organization from individual contributors to senior leadership
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to resolve project issues and reach sound business decisions
- Experience working within a work management tool for schedule building, housing project requirements, communications, and time tracking preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office business applications
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Project Management principles and methodology
- Skilled and fluent across print, digital, and web environments
- Demonstrates excellence in both written and verbal communications
- Actively participates, collaborates, influences and leads with others on one's own team and cross- divisionally for the achievement of business goals
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile departmental goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer