Project Manager, Merchandising Systems Delivery
Posted Date: Aug-15-2018
Job ID: 11548
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Project Manager of Merchandising Systems Delivery contributes to REI’s success by planning, developing, managing and implementing medium to large cross-divisional projects and programs in an Agile environment. You’ll be driving cutting edge merchandising systems projects and coordinating the efforts of multiple delivery teams. Our Merchandising Systems project is one of the most important technology initiatives the co-op will have, so if you are looking for an exciting, high visibility project - this is the role for you.
Bring your passion and expertise
Are you a highly organized person who is passionate about Agile project management, continuous improvement and collaborating with others for successful outcomes?
If so, this might be the opportunity for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 2+ years of experience managing small to medium projects with both a business and a technology focus, using multiple methodologies
- 2+ years of experience building and leading teams.
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile way and experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- 1+ years of experience implementing/enhancing merchandising systems such as Oracle, SAP, or JDA
- 1+ years of experience managing project budgets/financials
- Familiarity with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple assignments.
- Excellent presentation skills
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer