Posted Date: Aug-24-2018
Job ID: 11552
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
As a Project Manager, you will contribute to REI’s success by planning, developing, managing and implementing medium to large moderately complex information technology projects, using a structured project management methodology. Projects have both a business and a technology focus.
- Initiates, plans, controls and closes medium to large projects utilizing REI’s project management methodology
- Identifies and provides recommendations for project management process improvements
- Plans the project in detail, develops project budget, organizes the project team and works with resource managers to acquire and schedule resources
- Manages the progress of the project and communicates the project status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis
- Ensures that overall project deliverables are completed, including project charter, project plan, project schedule, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, policies and procedures, new standards, contracts, risks and issues lists
- Identifies, evaluates and manages cross-project interdependencies
- Ensures project quality and success through management of project action items, including managing risks and issues, the decision process, initiating change requests, meeting schedule milestones, resource management, and financial planning and control
Bring your passion and expertise
This may be the opportunity for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 2+ years of experience managing small to medium projects with both a business and a technology focus, using multiple methodologies
- 2+ years of experience building and leading teams.
- 1+ years of experience implementing/enhancing merchandising systems such as Oracle, SAP, or JDA
- 1+ years of experience managing project budgets/financials
- Experience with SAP scope and project objectives, as well as the roles and functions to support SAP development
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple assignments
- Excellent presentation skills
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer