Posted Date: Feb-26-2019
Job ID: 13621
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: REI; City: Bellevue; State: Washington
Job Description: Responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on moderately complex applications. Works collaboratively within the IT department and business units to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements. Under limited supervision, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems, products and services meet minimum organization standards. Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Reports progress on problem resolution to management. Recommends improvements to current procedures and proposes models of possible future configurations. Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements. Develops test strategies, test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on 1-2 concurrent projects. Performs testing on various software and reporting systems. Validates that user expectations are achieved during the testing process. Reviews user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable. Documents and monitors defects through the resolution process. Communicates test and defect status to project teams and management.
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related technical field, or foreign degree equivalent; and two years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience performing quality assurance activities for SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and Business Objects, including two years in each of the following:
· Using SAP modules in a retail business setting including the following modules: Sales and Distribution, Material Movements, Inventory Management, and Finance extractions
· BW back-end componentry and data flows including extracts, transformations, staging, models, cubes, running process chains, Dtps, Infopackages, APDs, filling setup tables, and integrated planning
· BW Integration Planning
· Using SAP BW, Analysis for Office, Unix Scripts, and Business Objects tools for Analytics
· Writing and interpreting code in SQL and ABAP
· Writing and executing queries in BEx (Business Explorer)
· Parsing, managing and manipulating large data sets
· Testing Webi Reports and/or Crystal Reports
· Using MS Excel for data analysis using filters, formulae that include Vlookup function, conditional formatting with colors and charts, and using pivot tables for validation of data
· Training people on SAP BW, ABAP debugging, BEx reporting tools and BO Webi usage
· Working with cross functional teams on waterfall, Agile, ASAP and Lean methodologies using defect prevention techniques
· Liaising with development, project management, and customer support for test and QA related functions throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
· Identifying and prioritizing project testing needs
· Creating defect reports
· Using QA tools, Jira, Zephyr, HP Quality Center, eCATT, and Load Runner
· Writing and executing test cases, mapping test cases to requirements, developing test plans, conducting peer review of test suite, opening and tracking defects and issues, and closing testing activities related to complex application and system implementation projects
· Creating, executing, and reporting on Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, Exploratory testing, Smoke testing, Performance testing and UI testing
Must be SAP HANA certified and have six months of experience utilizing Netezza and Tableau in a software quality assurance setting.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer