REI Adventure Sales Specialist
Posted Date: Nov- 5-2018
Job ID: 12587
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Travel & Adventure
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by actively selling adventure travel and additional products and services to REI members and customers. The Sales Specialist is responsible for all communications with customers prior to and to the point of sign up. Other responsibilities include achieving department and individual sales goals, efficiency and productivity goals; converting calls into sales; serving in a lead role for travel arrangements; providing customers with in-depth information on all trips; processing customers’ trip payments; selling value added programs; transferring and canceling customers as needed. The Sales Specialist is also responsible for ensuring all customer information is accurate, detailed and complete. They respond to voicemails, e-mails, live chats and other customer correspondence. This role supports all marketing efforts. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Monitoring, acting upon and responding to all emails received in our Generic email box, to include: trip-related and general inquiries, and entering all online sign-ups into our reservation/operating system.
- Monitoring Live Chat and responding to all customer inquiries. Promoting and selling REI Adventures through Live Chat.
- Answering all incoming phone calls and responding to all customer inquiries.
- Actively sell and promote all REI Adventures products. Overcome objections and actively pursue the sale.
- Ability to work with Sabre, TREK, Airline Reporting Corporation, Interactive Agent Reporting and any other computer system related to travel sales at REI Adventures.
- Qualify every customer that is interested in participating in any REI Adventures program prior to registration.
- Responsible for knowledge of all of REI Adventures trips and trip-related information.
- Ability to sell add-ons such as trip extensions, travel insurance, airline and hotel reservations, foreign currency, and gear.
- Assist with trip training and sales training.
- Support all REI Adventures promotions. Have first-hand knowledge of all marketing, events and in-store classes and clinics as related to REI Adventures or any REI Outdoor Programs.
- Monitor trip-related information on our website to ensure accuracy and follow procedures necessary for updates.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer information is accurate, detailed and complete.
- Assist with coordinating airline schedule with current and new trips.
- Coordinate business travel arrangements as assigned.
- Serve as backup as needed to the Customer Service team.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer