Real Estate Analyst
Posted Date: Nov-16-2018
Job ID: 12603
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Real Estate
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by planning, developing and analyzing programs and systems to grow the Real Estate business in alignment with REI’s strategic initiatives. Acts as a Real Estate representative and consults with Real Estate leadership and cross-divisional partners to optimize Real Estate performance. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Represents the Real Estate division when working with cross-divisional departments.
- Consults with cross-divisional partners to support projects that impact Real Estate and/or Retail. Collects project feedback and information to identify and optimize performance.
- Acts as a subject-matter-expert for Real Estate content.
- Acts as a liaison with the Finance department for coordination and review of pro forma process for new stores and relocations.
- Compiles and analyzes information on Real Estate processes and operational efficiency.
- Has knowledge of Project Budget Management, and provides construction cost estimating support.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to cross-divisional partners.
- Facilitates collaborative cross-functional meetings held both internally and externally
- Provides support to the Sr Manager of Real Estate for data management, LOI/Lease tracking and general reporting.
- Provides support to the Market Research Manager for data management and analysis.
- Provides support to the Real Estate Development Manager for LOI/lease/workletter tracking and construction cost estimating.
- Responds to customer and store requests as appropriate.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in process improvement, project/program management.
- Proficient computer skills and digital aptitude, to include database management, word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and internet research.
- Data management skills, experience with software programs such as Tableau, SAS, Alteryx, Business Objects a plus.
- Knowledge of GIS/mapping software and spatial analysis preferred.
- Knowledge of basic Finance principles and cost/benefit analysis.
- Strong analytical, process and business acumen skills.
- Knowledge of standard processes within the retail environment.
- Handles confidential information effectively and appropriately.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer