What's cool about this job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural
organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside
for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of
diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
Two roles. One will cover the Midwest Region, the second will cover the South/Ozarks Region.
This job contributes to REI’s success by helping protect and secure REI’s people (employees and customers), products, and profits. The Regional Asset Protection Manager is responsible for an assigned region and works cross-functionally to support data-informed inventory issues, losses, and safety concerns. The Regional Asset Protection Manager is responsible for overseeing the execution of company asset protection and risk management programs and initiatives and provides consultation and training to store leaders and employees. This role works with regional and store leaders on a daily basis to ensure that any issues or irregularities with inventory or safety are identified and resolved quickly.
The Regional Asset Protection Manager models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods, and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
• Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
• Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
• Implementation of the strategic goals of the field Asset Protection function, in collaboration and with input from key stakeholders and cross-divisional partners throughout a single district.
• Trains, develops, supervises, and evaluates asset protection employees (when applicable).
• Oversees the execution of the asset protection strategies and awareness programs to improve inventory accuracy throughout the organization.
• Directs and executes investigations into theft, fraud, integrity, and other policy violations related to asset protection and risk management.
• Monitors and resolves external theft trends, incidents, and concerns through analysis, partnership with law enforcement, other retailers, and education of stores.
• Oversees the physical security of the stores through CCTV, EAS and Alarm system installation, monitoring, and repair oversight.
• Maintains security related equipment, including, but not limited to, locks, safes, merchandise protection, burglary/fire alarms and cameras.
• Monitor’s shipping and receiving procedures through data integrity reporting, driving awareness, and making recommendations for process improvements to improve inventory accuracy.
• Partners with Human Resources, Regional Directors, Retail Operations, Legal and Leadership to ensure efficient execution of asset protection and shrink control processes and procedures.
• Lead investigations and research for inventory control and discrepancies and becoming an expert in inventory accounting tools such as SAP.
• Effectively and appropriately communicates actual or potential incidents and loss events to appropriate management/executives.
• Support special events, store openings, experiences (adventure travel) and emergency situations which may include scheduling security coverage.
• Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances, and issues, and takes appropriate action.
• Supports training and coaching in stores for staff on all Asset Protection and Risk Management topics.