Regional Product Insights Manager - Atlanta
Posted Date: Aug-30-2019
Job ID: 15072
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
What's cool about this job
The Regional Product Insights Manager supports the local customer strategy by translating regional customer requirements into relevant product assortment & inventory actions. As a liaison between Retail, Merchandising, Marketing and Experiences, you will deliver actionable retail market insights to the Merchandising team that enhance the local retail store experience. In this field-based position, you will create regional product strategies that influence the most authentic and productive assortments (recreation, activity and brand mix) as well as new brand discovery.
- Work with internal teams to understand complex market assortment and inventory needs and in turn query, synthesize and effectively communicate customer insights into actionable business strategies
- Develop communication tools, process and governance for local product and inventory feedback in partnership with merchandising strategy and retail leadership
- Identify unique regional assortment and inventory opportunities both in season and pre-season planning to maximize full-price sales, including events and out of stocks
- Utilize market data and competitive insights to communicate emerging brand and category trends
- Communicate and collaborate with retail, merchandising, visual, OPO and experience managers to execute a local, cross-divisional point of view
- Participate in initiatives to increase or improve consumer data collection and understanding of local customer problems
- Educate retail managers on merchandising strategies and buying process
- Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 1-3 years merchandising experience (product, planning and/ or replenishment)
- Strong business acumen, ability to interpret market trends and deliver customer insights
- An adaptable learning approach to business while managing competing priorities and ambiguity
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively in team environments, to build and foster effective working relationships within REI and with multiple business partners
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate assortment planning fundamentals (price ladder, competitive set, target customer analysis, etc.)
- Demonstrated market and trend awareness
- Demonstrated confidence presenting in small and large groups
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with vendors and cross-divisional partners
- Ability to appropriately tailor both written and verbal communication to different audiences
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate department strategies and product initiatives to internal and external audiences
- Proactively seeks opportunities to maximize department business
- Demonstrates business initiative. Brings forward new ideas to grow business and gain competitive advantage through market analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising math principles – IMU (Initial Markup), MDs (Markdowns), GM (Gross Margin)
- Ability to interpret, analyze and present key business metrics
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer