Posted Date: Dec-24-2019
Job ID: 16229
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
We are looking for an IT Release Manager to contribute to REI's success by managing all aspects of the end to end release process to both deliver new functionality and protect the integrity of the production environment. This includes planning, scheduling, and controlling the building, testing, and deploying of the release. The Release Manager will work closely with cross functional teams to coordinate activities from the initial request through deployment. You will model and act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Partner with individuals and teams to create, organize and execute on a release strategy and plan
- Be a single point of contact for coordinating activities across teams and departments involved in a release
- Create, store and maintain release documentation to support the needs of a release through its lifecycle, from planning to design, development, testing, and deployment to production environments
- Facilitate dialog with Business, Development, QA and Infrastructure teams to ensure operational handoffs and readiness
- Set and communicate release schedules and expectations across all involved and impacted teams
- Lead various workshops and sessions necessary to develop release strategy, plans, and approval execution of release activities
- Manage and control issues and risks for the duration of the release cycle to ensure a well-organized and successful deployment
- Communicate release status, activity progress and issues encountered throughout the duration of release activities
- Help troubleshoot and coordinate activities to resolve incidents and issues in non-prod and prod regions
- Shepherd change requests through change management process and support the CAB process
- Identify and provide recommendations for continual process improvements
- Serve as back up for other release team members and change management function
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years IT release management experience
- 2+ years driving and implementing change/process improvements
- Comprehensive knowledge of release management and change management concepts
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Familiarity with Waterfall, Agile and CI/CD delivery methodologies
- Group/team facilitation: experience facilitating groups up to 20 people towards common goals
- Experience with systems supporting retail environments a plus
- ITIL knowledge a plus
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer