What's cool about this job
Imagine sharing your passion for the outdoors and helping provide guidance, knowledge and authentic experiences to our REI members. Now imagine doing this from the comfort of your own home, with the convenience of a no-hassle commute.
Join our Contact Center team as a Contact Center Representative and help our co-op create and maintain relationships with like-minded customers! We are looking for eager, multi-taskers who love working with customers, and are comfortable conducting research online, to resolve problems. REI Contact Center Representatives are the eyes and ears of our customers and members and will field inbound customer calls and handle basic service calls. Individuals in this position will work collaboratively with their peers and teammates at REI using strong written and verbal communication skills.
Note to current employees: For this specific job requisition, the position may not be held in conjunction with any other position at REI. If you are currently an REI employee, you may apply for this position. However, if you are selected, you will be required to resign from your current position with REI in order to accept an offer of employment to fill the Contact Center Representative - Virtual position.
We are currently hiring for our closing shifts: Block 5 (10 am - 7 pm PST) and Block 6 (11 am - 8 pm PST). We do not have any morning shifts available at this time.
Our Contact Center team requires our part-time teammates to have a recurring availability of at least 2-3 weekdays and 1 weekend day, 24 hrs min. Scheduled hours and days will vary based on business volumes. This position requires working our Spring sale during peak sales times. We have required dates of work between May 14 and June 10, 2023 with a seasonal end date of June 10, 2023. Additionally, our team requires all teammates to attend an Orientation, Sales, and Service training. Please see below for mandatory training dates; candidates will be assigned to one class and must attend all training sessions in their assigned class.
AM Class 23AS1 Training Dates:
May 1 - 5 , 10:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
May 8 - 12. 10:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
To perform the duties associated with this position there are a few technical requirements we ask of you. These include hardware, software, and internet connection (network) requirements. We will provide essential equipment and support;your role is to ensure you are familiar with these requirements and have them in place before you apply.
What we will provide:
* A wired USB headset
* A 25 foot Ethernet network cable
You will provide:
* A computer or laptop purchased within the last five years with at least 8GB of memory (No Google Chromebooks, iPads, or Windows Tablets. Please note that Windows 10S mode is not supported. These do not support our systems)
* A Webcam - built in or external
* Open USB port for headphones (REI will provide headphones)
* A cell phone or tablet to install the Duo Mobile Application for multi-factor authentication ( Apple: minimum of iOS13,  Android: 8.0)
* An available port on your network router, where your device will connected to for the entirety of your shift
* Operating system: Mac 10.15 (Catalina) or newer or Windows 10 or newer
* Running virus software that is staying current on definitions
* Running a current up to date browser
* Must have a router that supports 10/100Mbps ethernet
* Must have high speed broadband internet connection with a minimum of 15Mbps download and 2Mbps upload speed from a top tier provider, Xfinity, CenturyLink, Spectrum, etc. (Google "speed test" to check).
* No satellite based service providers please.
*Your computer must be directly connected to the internet via a secured, wired access point. You cannot use wireless/WiFi, Wi-Fi extenders, mesh networks, or public connections
*Please note, all job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.