Rentals Integration Analyst
Posted Date: Feb-27-2019
Job ID: 13412
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Retail Operations
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by planning and implementing the expansion of a Rentals software program across the store network to both improve the in-store rental experience for customers and to grow the Rentals business. Working independently (with limited guidance) or as part of a team, the Retail Integration Analyst will be responsible for balancing multiple projects or program assignments simultaneously and will travel to various locations to conduct research, collaborate with field teams, and/or execute on program/project launches. This job models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Develop and manage the integration of a rentals SaaS solution across REI’s store network.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with digital, IT, ops, Retail, planning, marketing and most key functions to help seamlessly deliver a new software solution in stores and provide subject-matter-expertise, consultation and recommendations on Rentals programs, ensuring operational efficiency while achieving divisional priorities and REI strategies.
- Collect feedback and information to identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Support development and execution of change management plans, training and other related communications.
- Assist in development of templates, manuals, and standards for team support.
- Assist in implementation plans for testing to ensure quality, prioritization and store operation feasibility prior to launch.
- Partner with analysts and data scientists to build, manage and test experiments.
- Audit disparate data from external Rental resources to understand trends and relationships to internal sources.
- Build subject matter expertise on REI’s rentals data warehouse.
- Create and manage databases of information related to Rentals.
- Write and implement standard operating procedures.
- Support the system data management as the platform expands.
- Manage enterprise/retail communications and change management.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultations with managers or instructors.
- Design and create training documentation and materials, including hands-on modules and videos.
- Deliver train the trainer materials using a variety of instructional techniques.
- Identify opportunities for increasing business efficiency through improved manual and automated process systems.
- Display a customer service orientation and proven problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with inventory software, database software and POS systems strongly preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ year(s) professional experience, preferably in a rentals environment, and/or experience with program/project analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience preferred
- Strong mathematical/analytical proficiency
- Proficient computer skills, to include database management, word processing, spreadsheet software, e-mail, internet and ability to learn and master new systems
- Strong analytical, process and business acumen skills
- Handles confidential information effectively and appropriately
- Passionate about data and discovering new trends and insights across customers, merchandise, and customer engagement
- Support development and implementation of standard operating procedures to support physical locations and program expansions
- Knowledge of computerized Rentals applications preferred
- Ability to travel nationally approximately 20% of the time
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer