Rentals Product Intern
Posted Date: Nov-12-2019
Job ID: 16094
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
What's cool about this job
The Rentals Team at REI is changing the way customer can interact with the outdoors by offering CHOICE. Customer no longer need to buy full priced gear in order to enjoy the outdoor- they can rent gear for the day or for the season- reducing cost, storage needs, and most importantly the carbon footprint. The Rentals Product Intern contributes to REI’s success by, under supervision of the Rentals Manager, collecting and analyzing fleet wide product data to develop assortment recommendations.
- Primary owner of a Rental business case: developing, researching, writing, and presenting the findings of the business case and making recommendations to the Rentals team & cross divisional partners based on the results
- Support the Rentals team with weekly rental performance reporting
- Organize and structure rentals data sources to specifications of the Rentals Analysts
- Executes smaller projects at the direction of the Rentals Manager
- Works with Program Manager to support cross divisional and team operational timelines related to implementation of Rentals projects and workstreams
Bring your passion and expertise
The Rentals Product Intern position is intended for college Junior and Seniors or graduates who have graduated within 6 months of the internship start. Here are the skills we look for in our Rentals Product Intern:
- High energy and positive mindset with a "can do" attitude
- Passion for understanding customers, identifying opportunities to serve them, and keeping them front of mind for the co-op
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and effectively manage and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines with minimum assistance.
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with cross-divisional partners
- Ability to appropriately tailor both written and verbal communication to different audiences
- Demonstrates initiative. Brings forward new ideas to grow business and gain competitive advantage
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer