Posted Date: Mar- 4-2019
Job ID: 13583
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Replenishment Analyst (RA) contributes to REI’s success by effectively managing inventory to best meet or exceed inventory and sales KPI’s across multiple channels. As an RA, you will focus on the item/location level demand for multiple business channels. You will support sales and manage inventory by effectively utilizing a complex replenishment system that allows modification of demand forecasts, profiles and minimum presentation levels. You will manage allocation of event product and ad hoc bulk purchase orders as well as the day to day replenishment of DC inventory to the retail stores at the variant level. You will be responsible for communication across multiple teams, building and maintaining strong professional relationships with Merchandising and Store partners. You will also be responsible for driving continuous improvement of the replenishment process, increasing organizational capability, and providing business insights and recommendations based on in-depth knowledge of our sales data and demand forecasts. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
In this role you will:
- Deliver demand-related business insights to the Product and Planning Teams to ensure optimal buying decisions are made based on the best-available data.
- Make decisions at the Variant/Store level to support sales and profitability, with a focus on sales trends, demand forecasting, seasonal profiles, inventory management and company level directives.
- Maximizes the capabilities of the replenishment system through monitoring, analyzing and adjusting as needed throughout the season.
- Determines distribution based on historical and current trend analysis, executes allocation of specific event orders to meet store level demand to support marketing flyers and event sales.
- Incorporates tools such as Microsoft Excel, internal reporting systems, communication tools, an understanding of retail math and knowledge of the business into daily tasks.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Minimum 2 years merchandising, demand forecasting, retail, supply chain analytics or general statistical data modeling experience or equivalent required
- Ability to demonstrate detailed and focused analysis: Strong use of Microsoft Excel to include vlookup and pivot table proficiency
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to master technical systems.
- Must have an understanding of factors that create store differences
- Demonstrated experience using replenishment and allocation systems to successfully meet inventory goals at the store level. Trend spotting analysis and demand planning experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in adoption of new technologies
- Demonstrated strong analytical thought and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in business, statistics, or supply chain management
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer