Posted Date: Jul- 8-2019
Job ID: 14814
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Replenishment and Allocation Analyst job contributes to REI’s success by effectively managing inventory to best meet or exceed inventory and sales KPI’s across multiple channels. As a Replenishment and Allocation Analyst, you are responsible for the item/location level forecast and demand plans, executing systematic replenishment product purchase orders, managing replenishment for multiple business channels, and allocating inventory to best achieve sales and organizational objectives. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Partners with Merchandising and Store teams to align demand forecast and Open to Buy needs with replenishment product ordering and effective replenishment and allocation strategies in order to obtain in-stock and other key objectives
- Evaluates and recommends products as candidates for systematic replenishment ordering and DC cross-dock execution
- Reviews, updates, and releases systematic replenishment purchase orders including both vendor to DC and vendor to store orders
- Maximizes system capabilities by updating item/location level forecasts, seasonal profiles, inventory strategies and lifecycle management
- Manages product end of life by aligning replenishment ordering end dates with inventory liquidation plans
- Allocates inventory for initial buys, promotional needs, special events, and changing trends
- Ensures liquidation of clearance inventory by leveraging replenishment or allocation strategies to optimize sell thru and profitability
- Supports new store openings, remodels, space adjustments, and floor set changes
- Communicates purchase order plans, replenishment and allocation plans and in-season adjustments
- Identifies areas of risk and recommends solutions to mitigate that risk
- Performs stock balancing analysis to optimize inventory between channels, stores and/or DC’s
- Partners with Merchandising Data Specialist and Forecast Analyst to manage open purchase orders
- Communicates inventory availability issues to Store teams
Bring your passion and expertise
- Minimum 2 years merchandising, demand forecasting, retail, supply chain analytics or general statistical data modeling experience or equivalent
- Experience with replenishment and/or allocation systems
- Bachelor's degree in business, statistics, or supply chain management
- Demonstrated strong analytical thought and methodologies
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer