Retail Department/Sales Manager - San Francisco
Posted Date: Jan-21-2021
Job ID: 18673
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Retail Management
City: San Francisco
Store: San Francisco
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
As the Retail Sales Manager, you are a key member of the retail store management team. The Sales Manager is a critical leader in REI stores coaching, developing, and motivating sales teams to directly impact REI’s organizational goals. This role reports to the Store Manager and manages a team of retail staff to deliver on business goals of sales, memberships, and service. The Sales Manager spends most of their time as an active, visible leader, motivating, directing, and coaching hourly staff. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leverages tools, reports and insights to make appropriate business adaptations that result in increased sales and service
- Directs the execution of our core standards and overall visual direction to maximize sales
- Builds agile, service-focused teams to deliver on the evolving expectations of our customers
- Drives sales through all channels by maximizing selling behaviors. Capitalizes on all promotional events through successful event execution and staff excitement
- Delivers motivational experiences for our members and customers through effective execution of outdoor programs and outreach
- Aligns with company direction and communicates critical company strategies and changes to teams as needed
- Recognizes and rewards team members to strengthen engagement and cultivate teamwork
- Provides dynamic and regular customer-focused feedback and engages in two-way dialogue
- Recruits and develops diverse leaders from inside and outside the organization.
- Ensure execution of all visual merchandising standards
Bring your passion and expertise
Are you a bold leader? Do you thrive in the outdoors? Are you ready to lead and coach a dedicated teams to reach organizational goals? Bring your leadership skills to REI and help us strengthen our co-op by promoting the REI culture within the co-op and evangelizing our brand to our external customers. We pride ourselves on living our values and we look to our store leadership teams to deliver on that promise. Ready for your next adventure? Take a look at the skills we look for in our Sales Managers:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Minimum of 3+ years of successful retail management experience
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop future leaders
- Proficiency in interpreting and using retail financial metrics to drive key performance indicators
- Demonstrated ability to set standards and hold team members accountable
- Effective communication skills
- Commitment to deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Demonstrated experience in Visual Merchandising
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer