Retail Sales Lead - (Full-Time & Part-Time) - Hingham
Posted Date: Jun- 6-2021
Job ID: 20389
Job Function: Retail Sales
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Our Sales Lead will serve on a team whose job is to help REI, the nation’s largest consumer co-op, engage with all of its audiences. You are the face of the company and interact with REI Members and Customers every day. You are looked up to as a bank of knowledge on all outdoor equipment and services. If you want to talk, live, and breathe the outdoors then the Sales Lead position is a great position for you! REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI.
- Drives sales through all channels by improving selling behaviors. Capitalizes on all promotional events through successful event execution
- Demonstrates strong interest and credible expertise in our product assortment; translates this knowledge into value for our customers. Guides Retail Sales Specialists to do the same
- Passionately promotes REI’s membership and effectively converts non-members to members. Helps guide Retail Sales Specialists to do the same
- Prepares the store: effectively stocks and coordinates daily stocking process, actively handles merchandise, executes visual directions, and ensures a compelling presentation. Partners with Visual Merchandising Point Person (VMPP) to ensure visual pleasant presentation
- Adapts presentation based on changing inventory levels, new products, promotions, and market conditions (weather, events, etc.)
- Identifies areas of opportunity and acts on them as it relates to inventory accuracy, price accuracy, and product stock levels
- Delivers inspirational experiences for our members and customers through effective promotion of outdoor programs and outreach
- Trains and mentors new staff, provides direction to peers as necessary, coordinates service delivery, and task execution
- Shares feedback with Retail Sales Managers regarding staffing and scheduling needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and productivity and serves as a role model for Retail Sales Specialists
- Supports and partners with Retail Sales Managers through department communication of goals, daily expectations, task assignments, and feedback
Bring your passion and expertise
Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship! Here are some qualities we look for in our Sales Leads:
- Previous retail sales and customer services experience (preferred)
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledgeable of outdoor activities in assigned department (preferred)
- Completion of the REI Sales and Service Training and Membership Training prior to working on sales floor
- Requires open availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer