Retail Sales Specialist - Bailey's Crossroads
Posted Date: Apr- 5-2018
Job ID: 10613
Job Function: Retail Sales
City: Bailey's Crossroads
Store: Bailey's Crossroads
What's cool about this job
You will serve on a team whose job is to help REI, the nation’s largest consumer co-op, engage with all of its audiences. You will contribute to the success of REI by maintaining a working knowledge of REI products and services and using this knowledge to sell products, services, and memberships to our customers. You help to maintain the store visual standards and assists in keeping the floor stocked with merchandise. REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI.
- Provides customer service to REI members and guests.
- Sells REI products, co-op memberships and services.
- Continually expands knowledge of REI products and services
- Helps to maintain visual standards and cleanliness within department
- Stocks product from truck/warehouse to sales floor
- Communicates and cooperates with other staff and management team
Bring your passion and expertise
Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship! Here are some qualities we look for in our Sales Specialists:
- Previous retail store experience (Preferred)
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledgeable of outdoor activities in assigned department.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer