Posted Date: Jan- 8-2019
Job ID: 12505
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
City: New York
State: New York
This job contributes to REI’s success by ensuring the security and safety of your store team and members by providing a presence on REI property and events. Activities include but are not limited to: fostering partnerships with and training store management and staff and taking action to address shrink and security. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively partner with key stakeholders at all levels.
• Monitors, assesses and takes action to address physical security and safety of retail store(s) and events.
• Is engaging and has a positive attitude to all members and teams.
• Makes consistent patrols in and around retail store(s)/events, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, security violations, and unauthorized persons.
• Observes, verbally deescalates and reports incidents or suspicious activity to Asset Protection team and store management. Prepares narratives, logs, and case reports as required.
• When requested, represents REI in court.
• May support other market stores with Asset Protection services.
• Adheres to REI’s policies and procedures and ensures that such policies and procedures are implemented throughout the store.
• Assists management in the event of any emergencies.
• Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of emergencies and provides direction or information to others.
• Participates in periodic training and subject matter updates for the store team
• May create and/or execute the security strategy for special REI events.
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer