SEO Program Manager
Posted Date: Feb- 9-2021
Job ID: 19257
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for a talented search marketer to join our SEO team and help drive our ecommerce business. We’re in search of an SEO advocate who can help identify new opportunities and effectively win buy-in from partners to realize them.
REI’s organic search team is a highly dynamic group responsible for driving many business objectives including gear and apparel sales, adventure travel participants and content readership. You’ll work with team members on a wide range of SEO projects, from internal link sculpting and on-page optimization, to content publishing and link building.
Collaboration is at the core of this role, as you partner with a large number of stakeholders to define our SEO opportunities and roadmap. Success relies on building solid business cases and effectively communicating them with the right partners. An understanding of the larger business context and competing organizational goals is imperative.
We believe SEO is a traffic channel that focuses on the customer and are looking for someone who can leverage data to provide insight into consumer trends and behavior. Organic search is more than just a traffic driver—it’s a customer research tool.
- Helping define the strategic direction for the overall SEO program
- On-page optimization and keyword strategy for REI’s ecommerce pages
- Identifying opportunities for new on-page content and features to increase performance
- Reporting SEO work and results in stakeholder meetings
- Consulting with teams on the impact of other work on organic search
- Staying up to date on SEO trends, algorithm updates and the ways an evolving industry impacts our business
- Playing defense and offense to protect existing traffic with an eye for growth
- Partnering with our digital merchandising, search and product page teams, among others, to elevate key SEO priorities
- Coordinating closely with our Technical SEO team to ensure solutions are optimized for technical best practices
- Using search data to identify trends beyond organic search impact
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of experience in SEO
- Knowledge of SEO ecommerce best practices and a proven track record of delivering results
- Exceptional communication skills: ability to listen, present and sell your ideas
- A go-getter attitude with the ability to be self-directed with a keen understanding of prioritization based on objectives
- Understanding of competitive trends in the ecommerce search space
- Ability to work with data to identify and quantify business impact and measure outcomes
- Understanding of product management and how to engage product owners to advance SEO goals
- Working knowledge of how other disciplines like User Experience, Information Architecture, and Content Management coincide with and affect SEO
- Knowledge of how to craft solutions that can scale on a large ecommerce site
- Experience working with design teams to develop solutions that are great for people and bots
- Familiarity with technical SEO basics such as familiarity with HTML and structured data
- Building rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the Co-op
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer