Sales & Customer Support Program Manager, Contact Center
Posted Date: Apr- 8-2021
Job ID: 19721
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Call Center
Store: Sales & Customer Support
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI success by helping to execute the contact center strategy and supporting Co-op goals and objectives. Works with Leadership, Strategy Team, and cross functional business partners to oversee Sales & Customer Support project teams, establish work priorities, evaluate proposed solutions, and ensure that new capabilities enhance the customer experience and support REI’s core values. Program management tools and processes will be used to ensure the dependencies among multiple projects are appropriately managed and that team commitments are tracked, managed and meet or exceed expectations. This role will monitor best practices and emerging trends and assess how new opportunities can be leveraged to improve the customer experience and connect people to REI. This position leads high-impact initiatives, and acts as a representative in cross-divisional forums. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Oversees the management of a portfolio of programs and projects that support divisional priorities and in-line with REI’s strategy.
- Guides the work of and provides mentoring for the Project Leads managing projects within the S&CS Portfolio.
- Develops requirements for programs and projects while continuously evaluating the needs of customers and employees. Identifies and provides recommendations for process and program improvements. Research trends, opportunities, threats, competitors and other factors that affect the program.
- Initiates, plans, and delivers medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year initiatives. Utilizes established project management methodology or where appropriate, partners with Project Manager(s) in leading/influencing project implementation.
- Ensures program quality and success through management of action items, issues, and decisions, assessing risks, initiating change requests, identifying resource needs, meeting deadlines for deliverables, and financial planning.
- Appropriately escalate barriers to project managers and department leaders.
- Works with cross-divisional leadership to identify and close critical program gaps.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for process and program improvements.
- Leads and develops programs and projects that transform process, policy and systems.
- Facilitates and leads collaborative cross-functional meetings.
- Manages both external and internal business relationships with vendors, clients, strategic partners, and agencies.
- Collaborates with Strategy Team to manage the progress of projects in process.
- Monitors performance of projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
- Works with Project Leads to develop sound business cases.
- Prepares project budget recommendations by working with project team members and stakeholders to gather cost estimates for staffing, software, equipment and tools, testing and ongoing maintenance.
- Ensures adequate business process documentation is created and maintained.
- Participates in change management planning for the transition/promotion of new or changed configurations. Ensures that internal and external (vendor) change management processes are followed.
- Communicates with S&CS regarding projects and activities in within the S&CS Portfolio.
- Guides the team in the analysis of business requests and needs to ensure low-cost operation and effective utilization of staff and equipment.
- Provides management and stakeholders with accurate, timely and relevant information about the status of projects, PI initiatives and activities within project teams.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years experience managing medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year projects with a business and technology focus
- 5+ years experience leading program development and omni-channel strategy
- 5+ years of previous retail, customer service/contact center or equivalent experience
- 2+ years building and leading teams
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Certification in program management, process improvement (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma), and/or project management (e.g. PMP)
- Familiarity with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Acts as an advocate for the customer ensuring all new project/program capabilities enhance the customer experience.
- Builds capability of individuals and teams through effective development, involvement, communication, and supervision of project efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Fosters change in company direction.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer