Sales & Customer Support - Service Supervisor
Posted Date: Jan-18-2019
Job ID: 12867
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Call Center
Store: Sales & Customer Support
What's cool about this job
This position contributes to REI’s success by supervising a team of employees in a manner that supports REI’s purpose, vision, and values. Responsible for consistent direction of employees so that divisional goals are delivered; including sales, expense and service level goals. Responsibilities include building and motivating an engaged team, training, coaching, performance management, determining compensation and developing staff. Serves as the first contact for HR related issues and provides appropriate communications to employees. Responsible for department planning, analysis, and expense monitoring. Recommends and implements workflow improvements, provides leadership within the organization and monitors & communicates trends & issues. Collaborates cross-divisionally on process improvement, planning and in carrying out initiatives. Addresses escalated customer service transactions with high-level conflict resolution and negotiation skills to ensure positive customer experience. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Responsible for performance management including consistent feedback, employee statistics, coaching, quarterly meetings, and reviews.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results; champions the organization & advocates solutions in the Co-op’s best interest, serves as an advocate for change.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Drives and delivers departmental Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results.
- Monitors service levels, operational statistics, reports trends, variances, and issues, and takes accountability for achieving goals.
- Oversees training and development of SCS employees and makes effective staffing decisions to support service level, budget goals, and customer experience.
- Models and responds to customer escalations as needed using empathy, sound judgment, tact & discretion to retain customers, build customer confidence and maintain customer loyalty.
- Ensures the integrity of employee and customer record; protects the privacy of employee & customer information and ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Identifies and monitors trends, reports issues and shares feedback in support of process improvement.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods, and practices to promote REI key messages; creates and actively participates in the implementation of divisional procedures.
- Participates in divisional planning, providing research and presenting information to drive business outcomes.
- Supports leadership and performs manager duties in the absence of Manager.
- Service & Support: Models and coaches to skills in de-escalation, conflict resolution, negotiation and problem-solving.
- Service & Support: Responsible for determining a suitable resolution to customer related issues and the appropriate use of limited discounts and discretionary funds; balancing customer and business needs; gives direction to employees.
- Service & Support: Identifies opportunities and supports cross-divisional projects to reduce friction.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of previous retail, customer service/contact center or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Strong familiarity with computer software and programs including but not limited to chat and email programs, workforce management, CRM, order management, SharePoint & Microsoft Office
- Able to accurately type 30+ words per minute on a QWERTY keyboard
- Schedule flexibility to meet business needs including weekends & peak event periods
- Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising people, including performance management, development, accountability and building morale.
- Has a passion for the outdoors, REI product and gear; applies knowledge appropriately in a manner that best serves REI members, customers & employees.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others thru change and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated the ability to manage budgets & achieve goals.
- Willing and able to work a weekend and holiday rotation as needed.
- Willing to work opening shift beginning at 5am or closing shift ending at 10pm (both shift options are available).
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer