Sales & Customer Support - Service Supervisor
Posted Date: Nov- 7-2019
Job ID: 16013
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Call Center
Store: Sales & Customer Support
What's cool about this job
This position contributes to REI’s success by leading a team that enables life changing outdoor experiences for our members and customers, driving exceptional customer outcomes, delivering on divisional goals and supporting the co-op strategy, mission and purpose.
This supervisor is responsible for team engagement, development and training, delivering on our service promise and working collaboratively with other divisions identifying and quantifying trends and opportunities and working to prioritize and implement changes. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Leading the Way (team leadership, coaching and development responsibilities)
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements
- Puts the customer at the center by serving as an innovative and enthusiastic role model, coaching to de-escalation, conflict resolution, negotiation, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Provides tier 3 customer resolution with empathy, sound judgment, tact & discretion to build & maintain customer loyalty.
- Monitors service levels, operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes accountability for achieving goals.
- Ensures the integrity of employee and customer records; protects the privacy of employee & customer information and ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Recommends and implements process improvement, monitors & communicates trends & issues.
- Participates in divisional planning, providing research and presenting information to drive business outcomes.
- Supports leadership and performs manager duties in the absence of Manager.
- Sales & Expertise: Models and coaches to skills in sales, member engagement and loyalty programs.
- Sales & Expertise: Uses knowledge of product to drive new programs and training; supporting sales employees to outfit customers to enable exceptional outdoor experiences.
- Sales & Expertise: Identifies opportunities in support of an authentic and robust sales program focused on enabling customers to get outdoors.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of previous customer service/contact center, retail or equivalent leadership experience, successfully leading a team of employees.
- Has a passion for the outdoors, REI product and gear; applies knowledge appropriately in a manner that best serves REI members, customers & employees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage department level budgets, achieve KPIs and other goals.
- Proficiency in using technology, including but not limited to MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, workforce management, CRM, order management, social platforms, customer facing chat and email programs & keyboarding.
- Has a continuous improvement mindset and experience in driving process improvement.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Schedule flexibility to meet business needs including weekends & peak event periods.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer