Security Supervisor, Distribution Center
Posted Date: Mar-20-2019
Job ID: 13798
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Asset Protection
Store: Distribution Center AZ
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by planning, administering, and maintaining the various physical security infrastructures that are essential components of the access control, intrusion alarm and CCTV systems and their related policies. This position is responsible for the management and oversight of the designated location’s security who greet external visitors and provide physical security support in managing response efforts for various emergency situations. The Security Supervisor monitors and manages the day-to-day operations of the various security infrastructures at an HQ campus, Satellite office, or Distribution Center. This role works to resolve issues directly or through facilitation and engagement of third parties as appropriate. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Develops constructive and effective relationships with direct/indirect reports and cross-functional partners; able to maintain credibility and presence within the broader business. Establishes and maintains visibility within the department for cross-divisional partners.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances, and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- On-call 24/7 for security related issues and concerns.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of security support experience
- Certified Hirsch Velocity & Lenel operator or strong experience with access control systems preferred
- Technical background in security systems and knowledge of security principles.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, the Internet, and Access Control Systems.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer